AAB

Tony !!

You missed a beer ???

I am ashamed of you !!

Hope Lilly is behaving.

Regards,

Alex

PS is there a W126 forum anywhere ?

I am extremely happy with my 300SEL, not the grunt of the 450, but the 4 speed auto does wonders.

Last edited:
OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

She is behaving well after some sorting, as I have a daily driver I can afford the luxury of taking a week or so to recce and sort any issues I find and so far Ive spent nothing apart from time.

I sent you something early this week too FINALLY.

As for missing a beer?

I didn't think I could stop at one Alex, I did however have a GnT in your honour last night for the first time in years, then I thought that another would be in order and then another.

I already enjoy Indian Tonic water and Gin seems to add what was sorely missing.

Cheers,
Tony

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Oversize

Grand Master
A clean car gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!! Hey those gunmetal grey Bundts look quite good (seriously). I suppose that's along the lines of the new trend for black wheels.... :)

260ebenz

Master
Lili Lili Lili!

Idle fixed with an AAV refurb including a hard tweak to the bulb, tech notes here

http://www.topklasse.org/forums/showthread.php?p=32169#post32169

and assorted D jet notes here

http://www.topklasse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=496

So now she starts and idles nicely as well as smelling better when run in confinement

Club reg in the New Year and more work ahead as I put some miles on the old girl.

39b79344.png

07a0f539.png

And some cleaning!

GEDC1710.png

You use to have a W124 230E Tony how many kilometres on the clock and was it a good car why did you part with the car?

Be good to see more W124 on the Forum.

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Ah!

The 230E was a 123 (The Red one).

224 k on the clock and a lunched M102, I was in the process of buying the car Money down etc etc and the deal changed before I picked the car up.

I suspect that someone got into the sellers ear and said that the car was worth far more than he sold it for so when I fronted with the rest of the cash he ahh'd and umm'd and changed the deal looking for 4 times the original deal.

So I asked for my deposit back, got attitude from his Son collected the deposit and walked away.

Im not fussed although I could have pushed the point as I had a signed receipt for the deposit stating that my deposit was 40% of the purchase price.

Funny thing about W123's, Every one I've gone to buy has had problem people attached to it.

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

A clean car gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!! Hey those gunmetal grey Bundts look quite good (seriously). I suppose that's along the lines of the new trend for black wheels.... :)

Ahhh yes, the wheels were that colour when I got the car and its grown on me.

They are due for a respray but it can wait until the Mechanicals are done.

They are a bit lighter in colour than they look though.

260ebenz

Master
Ah!

The 230E was a 123 (The Red one).

224 k on the clock and a lunched M102, I was in the process of buying the car Money down etc etc and the deal changed before I picked the car up.

I suspect that someone got into the sellers ear and said that the car was worth far more than he sold it for so when I fronted with the rest of the cash he ahh'd and umm'd and changed the deal looking for 4 times the original deal.

So I asked for my deposit back, got attitude from his Son collected the deposit and walked away.

Im not fussed although I could have pushed the point as I had a signed receipt for the deposit stating that my deposit was 40% of the purchase price.

Funny thing about W123's, Every one I've gone to buy has had problem people attached to it.

Tony how many kms has the 230TE travelled Herr Flick Lazarus do you still have that car?

By the sounds of it a good idea you walked away from the W123 230E!

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

430'000 plus Km on the 230TE, I've added nearly 50'000 km to her and yep I still have her although my Wife spends more time in her than I do these days.

Herr Flick was bought cheap and was in very ordinary condition with too many nasty patch up jobs to mention and although I haven't reversed all of the half arsed work on the wagon the important things have been done surprisingly inexpensively (Thanks to Shane).

I know I bitch about the W124's and at times have thoughts of a destructive nature towards her (Herr?) I cant really do without her and Jenn loves her for the security she provides when she drives home from work at 5am.

As for the 123?

I wont argue with zealots or the feeble minded and although I make exceptions for sellers of cars who have been allegedly mislead re the value of their items it is often easier to walk away.

Life is too short and its about time I bought Jenna the Range Rover she wants. :)

260ebenz

Master
430'000 plus Km on the 230TE, I've added nearly 50'000 km to her and yep I still have her although my Wife spends more time in her than I do these days.

Herr Flick was bought cheap and was in very ordinary condition with too many nasty patch up jobs to mention and although I haven't reversed all of the half arsed work on the wagon the important things have been done surprisingly inexpensively (Thanks to Shane).

I know I bitch about the W124's and at times have thoughts of a destructive nature towards her (Herr?) I cant really do without her and Jenn loves her for the security she provides when she drives home from work at 5am.

As for the 123?

I wont argue with zealots or the feeble minded and although I make exceptions for sellers of cars who have been allegedly mislead re the value of their items it is often easier to walk away.

Life is too short and its about time I bought Jenna the Range Rover she wants. :)

430,000kms on the 230TE and still going strong and an ideal Mercedes for your Wife as the W124 are a very safe well made car!

Happy motoring to you tony and Jenna with the W124.

Cheers.

260ebenz

Master

As for the 123?

430,000kms on the 230TE and still going strong and an ideal Mercedes for your Wife as the W124 are a very safe well made car!

Buying an Mercedes there are plenty for sale every make and model I am surprised to see the amount of MB's for sale on the market but the trick is seperating the good one's from the bad one's.

When I was looking to buy another MB back in 2008 I spent enough looking for the right car and looked at quite few before buying the 260E and I made the right decision in the end.

When buying cars buy with your head not your heart good advice I have received from Mercedes owners and my Mechanic.

Happy motoring Tony and Jenna with the W124.

Cheers Tim.

Oversize

Grand Master
Tony the red car in your pic looks awfully like a W124 to me.....