$70k 6.9?

More threads by -bb-

B13

That's Robert D's 6.9 from the Bellarine peninsula. I've seen it and its a very nice car everything works and Robert D is a very skilled and fussy owner. This is what they should be worth these days therefore one like mine should be worth about 1/3rd of this, or $23K...

This listing has been on car sales for some time now. At one stage there was another 6.9 in similar condition asking $60K, not sure whether it sold or not or for what price.

Ian.

abl567

Super Moderator
By that a 6.3 should be 600 money, and a 600?

Styria

The Godfather
For a car advertised at that price, it is showing surprising old age factors. Collapsed back seat cushion which is a typical leather upholstery problem on 6.9s, driver's door trim with foam that has disappeared (again a common issue on 116s), a discoloured front centre arm rest, carpets that are age stained and probably as stiff as boards, and pleats on front seats that have flattened out with rotten callicoe underneath the leather.

It is usually the interior that lets these cars down, and refurbishment is costly and time consuming. If I was to compare this car's interior to that in my 'Gleaming Beauty', you would put down your glasses now - to use an old horse racing term. In other words, the comparison would not even be close. It's the one hundred and one little things that that can make or break a car - at least in my opinion. One should look out for collapsed door straps that cost a veritable fortune (if you can buy them), afore mentioned back seats, collapsed front door trims, discoloured sun visors, carpets with ingrained dirt that no amount of cleaning will fix, under bonnet appearance of engine and ancillaries, etc. etc., as well as timber embellishments that show cracks and also display a dull and worn finish. I guess I am a bit harsh on this car, but one should compare the interior of this car with the 6.9s interior owned by Helmet. One would then understand what I am talking about. Regards. Styria

Last edited: