$30k 6.9...

More threads by -bb-

WGB

Well it had to happen sometime.

Would need to know a bit more history before I believed the mileage and would be a bit happier if the oil pressure at idle was nearer 2 than 1 bar.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Well it had to happen sometime.

Would need to know a bit more history before I believed the mileage and would be a bit happier if the oil pressure at idle was nearer 2 than 1 bar.

Bill

Hi WGB, you say it had to happen sooner or later - are you talking about the price ? I have reason to believe that this is the car that AMG69 may be interested in. Do you know anything of his plans in that regard. Long weekend...Brisbane ?

Anyway, back to the car. Wouldn't mind knowing where it is from - England ? If so, one needs to look very carefully underneath the car and a few other spots for rust. Also, noticed how the vinyl on the centre console has discoloured - age or sun or both? Has anyone noticed that the suspension light is on even after a trip or some prolonged idling (one would assume) ?

Car seems fine otherwise - I think I have seen a pic of this car showing the under bonnet appearance of the car - it does not come up particularly well. Just my impressions. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Prices for 6.9s can only go up as cars become less available..

Imaculate examples of any vehicles have always commanded big money.

There is a 6.9 in Just Cars this month, also in Queensland, and with a big hefty price tag.

G

GreaseMonkey

Hi WGB, you say it had to happen sooner or later - are you talking about the price ? I have reason to believe that this is the car that AMG69 may be interested in. Do you know anything of his plans in that regard. Long weekend...Brisbane ?

Anyway, back to the car. Wouldn't mind knowing where it is from - England ? If so, one needs to look very carefully underneath the car and a few other spots for rust. Also, noticed how the vinyl on the centre console has discoloured - age or sun or both? Has anyone noticed that the suspension light is on even after a trip or some prolonged idling (one would assume) ?

Car seems fine otherwise - I think I have seen a pic of this car showing the under bonnet appearance of the car - it does not come up particularly well. Just my impressions. Regards Styria

Well it is a UK car, RHD with speedo in miles not kms.
But 6.9s were always very rare there, and given it's price would probably have been looked after like a Rolls Royce rather than neglected like a lesser car.
Your worry about rust has prompted me to start a new thread.
C.M.