242GT for Tony

More threads by motec 6.9

WiSeGuYY

Hey GEOFF , you keep amaze me with your interesting posts , i used to drive the 244 gl at that time and i never cross a coupe 242 before , but the car looks awesome indeed , TONY will be tempted but i'm counting on the w116 in his ground and the mini project for not trying another VOLVO for now.

p.s how are you keeping MOTEC ?? health wise?

REGARDS

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice, sharp looking Volvo.

However, the light coloured engine bay has me baffled. :confused:

Is that normal on a black car?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Probably not mine was red but it had a light grey engine bay . Cannot really tel if that is the colour of this engine bay it could be a Volvo thing. Geoff :D And Tarek still very saw taking anti inflamation drugs and antibiotics. But the good news is i think i am over the hump.

WiSeGuYY

very happy to hear you are improving GEOFF. slow or not it was nasty and lucky you get over it , hope you are having full recovery soon .

Back to VOLVO & TONY , your remark on long stick shifts ,i don't recall this in the 244 and i don't remember the 142 at all , it show i'm not a VOLVO fan though i remember at that time i was falling for any blond specially the Scandinavian ones.LOL

REGARDS
TAREK

260ebenz

Master
Nice, sharp looking Volvo.

However, the light coloured engine bay has me baffled. :confused:

Is that normal on a black car?

Black car with a silver engine bay what's going on there??

1980-volvo-242-gt.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well you see.... Its like this, Obviously the car was silver before it was black

So, do I gather all Volvos have a body coloured engine bay from the factory?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Michel not sure but on the 2 Ovlov's i owned both had light grey engine bays one was red the other green . Geoff :D

Styria

The Godfather
Well you see.... Its like this, Obviously the car was silver before it was black

Tony, obviously Tim is not the only one stumped by this anomaly - Michel is, Motec 6.9, and so am I, thus with you being the resident Volvo afficionado, are you able to clarify this for us ? I must admit to drooling over the 242GT whenever I would spot one, and at one stage there was a dealership located in William Street, Sydney and they always had a GT in the window. Wasn't there also another (2 door ?) Volvo with a special grille treatment, and different types of rims, or am I thinking of the same model as this GT ? Always a most attractive car.

They were also bullet proof mechanically, with beautifully comfortable seats and a well planned and thought out interior. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
No Geoff, that's not the car I refer to. In fact, I never knew of Bertone making a 2.7 litre V6 for Volvo. There was also, of course, the model (242GT ?) with the chopped roof - quite ungainly looking at the time, and still so today, but obviously a sought after 'classic'. Regards Styria