1951 DKW Schnell Laster Bus

More threads by motec 6.9

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Yes I saw that and wondered ... but immediately dismissed any silly notions of bidding. What would I do with it? Who would make the parts for it... no; a bad move for me.
However, it is cute but cute alone is not enough.
Regards,
Brian

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I will wait till more pictures are uploaded and vehicle report. But I will watch with interest price. :D

Styria

The Godfather
It reminds me of a Mazda Bongo van - no doubt, it will sell for a fortune, but that doesn't alter the fact that it is really a heap of ......from a quality point of view. Strictly a "look at me " and then the owner hopes that you're going to ask some questions to make his/her day - come to think of it, a woman would NOT buy a car like that.

Incidentally, Michel has a VW Transporter for sale - probably at a fraction of the price. Worthwhile investigating. Regards. Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Years ago a friend who lived in Airds in Campbell town hit a cow at the bottom of Mt Ousley . In what was a blue Mazda Bongo van the cow won. :D:eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
He still gets called bongo to this day. :D

abl567

Super Moderator
My folks had a Bongo van as their first business vehicle, the business I now own, maybe I should track one down and deliver T shirts in it:cool:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And from memory the 800cc motor gave it a top speed of 105kmh . With handling that did a Kombi proud. :eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I know it will go high. Go on you want it. Just remember ticket for $21 million this Saturday. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
It can sit next to those Rovers . At least being so Spartan you only have to worry about tin worm. And not termites as well. :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Is a Woolworths' shopping trolley worth restoring? I can't see that this device, despite its cute looks, is anything more that a trolley....
Bin please! Bring the skip over here...
Regards,
Brian

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Probably not but some people do restore them. I have a Tommy Pinball machine in storage bought it about 15 years ago at auction. Personally I have always wanted one of these used to be one getting around Canberra . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

sean sherry

Master
A wonderful restoration post Styria..... Brings back memories of my teen years in Ireland in the early fifties with DKWs , Dyna Panhards, Bambina Fiats etc running round the streets. Not many though in a market dominated by Morris 8s and Austin 7s and Ford 8s & 10s.