And Then The Sun Came Out

More threads by Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It's been quite a dreary week in Old Sydney Town. :(
Nothing but rain for days on end.:mad:

Jerry was busy working on the 'new project' and my poor old 690SEL was suffering from weeks of dust, drizzle and general neglect.

And then, about midday, the sun appeared from behind the clouds bringing warmth and brightness to the day. :)

I looked at my 6.9 and decided to give it a bit of TLC.

I gave it a gentle wash and clean and then took some pics before driving it into the sunset for a blast on the M7 (just to clean the cobwebs ;) )

Ohh and before that, I took some pics... :D

Attachments

• IMG_2707 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2707 (Large).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2699 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2699 (Large).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2703 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2703 (Large).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2704 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2704 (Large).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2705 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2705 (Large).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Suffering from the same crappy weather here Michel. I think we've had 2" since Friday.... It feels like we'll never see the sun again! Thanks for the nice pics (second from the left is my fav). Good to see you had the oppportunity to show her off to all the unsuspecting drivers and have some fun! :D

260ebenz

Master
It's been quite a dreary week in Old Sydney Town. :(
Nothing but rain for days on end.:mad:

Jerry was busy working on the 'new project' and my poor old 690SEL was suffering from weeks of dust, drizzle and general neglect.

And then, about midday, the sun appeared from behind the clouds bringing warmth and brightness to the day. :)

I looked at my 6.9 and decided to give it a bit of TLC.

I gave it a gentle wash and clean and then took some pics before driving it into the sunset for a blast on the M7 (just to clean the cobwebs ;) )

Ohh and before that, I took some pics... :D

Amazing what a bit of Morning Fresh can do for the 6.9 Michel! LOL.
:p

Just joking the 6.9 is looking terrific Michel.

Lousy weather here all week at home washed & waxed the 260E today.

Mowed the front and back yard trying work I tell you I should ask for a pay rise can't see happening though! :D

Cheers.

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Amazing what a bit of Morning Fresh can do for the 6.9 Michel! LOL.
:p

Just joking the 6.9 is looking terrific Michel.

Cheers.

How did you know I use Morning Fresh :confused:

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
She sure is red Michel, So why did Mercedes not use 690SEL on the 116's?

Certainly would have kept with naming protocol.

Of course, it would make sense, however that would have been one up on the 600 Grosser, which would have been unacceptable!

abl567

Super Moderator
And to keep in line with the precedent set by the best Benz ever, the 300SEL 6.3, which as the best set the protocol;) All others where produced simply to fund the 6.3

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
As you know, Michel, I have driven your car and garaged it at my home. When I have driven it, I have noticed that it can cetainly turn heads!

Most 116's are a little more reserved, in the German manner, which helps make yours stand out. The pictures shown here suggest that!

WiSeGuYY

Hey MICHEL

SURE you are the proud owner of the RED 690 which is the one and only i saw in my life , impressive .

Thanks for posting .

REGARDS

TAREK

300SDude

That is definitely RED, lol.

OMG......those low-profile tires wouldn't even last out of the building I have mine stored in, much-less navigate the crappy roads we have up here in the mountains! (During the winter the ground freezes and when it defrosts, it warps the road in all different directions and then the cracks appear).

Someone on the org forum put some whitewalls on his and I thought I would hate it, but it actually made it look quite classy. Not sure if that is the route I will go when I get new tires for it this Spring. The blackwalls look just fine to me. (which is what it has now).

I do love the way the lip spoiler looks! The front of mine always seems to be missing "something" when I look at it. I do like the Euro headlights, but they are WAY expensive when I have looked at them online. And I have to admit, the Euro bumpers look WAY nicer than the chrome shelves I have on the back and front of mine! (But if it weren't for these bumpers, the front would be damaged I am sure. There are scrape marks running over the top of my bumper all the way across from front to back, so whatever the person ran into, went up and over the top of the bumper, which I am sure would have taken-out the grille and headlights).

You have an awesome looking car there (even if I am not fond of red). Beautiful w116 specimen. :)

300SDude

Styria

The Godfather
Hey Dude, Michel's head has just doubled in size - any more praise, and the "pumpkin" will fall off. :D To be sure, and to be serious for one moment, RED is not everyone's cup of tea, but there is no doubting that the 'Red Terror' attracts attention. Unlike Gleaming Beauty, which attracts also her share of looks, but probably for other reasons, such as 'clack, clack, clack... increasing in noise and being speed sensitive, and coming from the rear of the car. More of that some other time. Regards Styria