Sensors Rev. Cameras Cruise Controls

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I can recommend a Mobile fitting Service for Electrical Accessories
He fitted R/Sensors to my first Golf for $90 Labour. Not a job for the faint hearted on the Can Buss Systems Now booked to do the new one.The wireless Sensors I use are available on E bay for $27.50 Post Free. Accurate and trouble free.
Call Adam on 0405 221 994 . He is both pleasant and skilfull.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I can recommend a Mobile fitting Service for Electrical Accessories
He fitted R/Sensors to my first Golf for $90 Labour. Not a job for the faint hearted on the Can Buss Systems Now booked to do the new one.The wireless Sensors I use are available on E bay for $27.50 Post Free. Accurate and trouble free.
Call Adam on 0405 221 994 . He is both pleasant and skilfull.

What area is he based in?

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Well I just found the value of older Posts ! By good luck, my own Post about a reliable fitter to instal Rear Parking Sensors, I found Adam who I couldn't remember. I need Sensors for the rear of my Camry. Quality ones on Amazon for $30 plus about $100 to fit. Best quote to date for supply and fit over $300.
Oh, the reason for opening this older Post was that I need a dip stick for our C Class Auto Trans. Not fitted , just a dummy plug to seal the tube.
Silver Star Spares quoted $25 plus tax... $12.50 from Amazon free delivery.

Silver Star have always been very competitive on anything else.

Question, can a top up with synthetic oil mix with the original Mineral oil ?
I plan to only suck out the Pan oil as the Car has only 70,000ks light use.

Oversize

Grand Master
Personally I find my KENWOOD double DIN headunit invaluable when parking. I find the rear camera far better than sensors that just beep after you’ve hit something! Plus you can see if you’ve parked in your bay correctly...

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Mark after 84 Christmas"s I need all the help I can get !!!
Perhaps a man with a Red Flag out in front !

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
And again I say to you ..... Adam is the Guy to use for Cameras and Front and rear Sensors. He has just fitted quality Rear Sensors to my 2018 Camry Hybrid. Nothing is too much trouble to him . Even with the std reversing Camera , beepers are necessary.:p

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Painting the Sensors.... not a problem... they came in Black only...
A quick rub with a scratch Pad a quick coat with grey primer and ten minutes later a quick coat of Wheel Silver ( very close to the Car colour ) This morning a coat of Clear with the Sensors in place. Will work with any colour.
The sensors Adam supplied are quality items in black only, with a 12 month warranty.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Painting the Sensors.... not a problem... they came in Black only...
A quick rub with a scratch Pad a quick coat with grey primer and ten minutes later a quick coat of Wheel Silver ( very close to the Car colour ) This morning a coat of Clear with the Sensors in place. Will work with any colour.
The sensors Adam supplied are quality items in black only, with a 12 month warranty.

The coating has to be very light or the sensors will not work properly.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Michael, I just wafted over them , first with grey Primer which did a good job of killing the Black. The top coat of wheel Silver was also just wafted on, followed the next Day with Clear. No problems.
I have now stopped damaging the Rear Bumper !!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
New sensors fitted... Now the ones i ordered have at last turned up. Good quality with display and 4 white sensors
in original box with instructions (not $15 el-cheep ose) $25.50

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Again Adam to the recue ... Integrated Reverse Camera will not work with the Small Pop up Screen on the C200 Classic. Adam fitted another one, mounted on the Dash..... clear Picture.
The dedicated Reverse Camera going on to E Bay for $145 all C Class and E Class to 2012 with the larger Screen....... Plugs in to all the Factory connectors.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Sounds like a good solution.
some kind of reversing assistance is almost a must in modern cars as you can't see the corners from the drivers seat. The worst were late 90s and early 2000s models that had the modern shape but not technology to help park them.

As an example the W210 is much harder to park than a W124 because of visibility or a W211 because it has reversing sensors.

I don't miss this stuff on the classics as I have better visibility to park.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Hi Brian, the Kit I have is intended to Plug & Play into the existing Mercedes Screen.. Fits many Models.as long as it does have the very small screen as in out C Class Classic.
???? Sean

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I find that the after market rear vision Camera Kit in our C Class has a crystal clear picture. Even better than the new Factory Mitsubishi Camera