Wurzel Tachogenhause

More threads by hoddo

hoddo

Connoisseur
Wurzel Tachogehause

Heres a look at the latest addition to my slc. This item comes from Germany and is the original black plastic MB part refinished in wood. I know the colour looks a bit funny but thats due to the flash, its a good match with the steering wheel.

burl dash.jpg

burl dash-1.jpg

Last edited:

John S

Very nice indeed hoddo, was it an original option or is it an aftermarket product only?

Also, are they available for other models in the Mercedes range?

OP
hoddo

hoddo

Connoisseur
Thanks guys, I agree Benz Boy it does change the whole look of the dash. John it is an aftermarket part and they do stuff for some other models but not all the merc range, they don't seem to do any wood for the w116. The company is called Eris car design www.eris-car.de/

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Thanks guys, I agree Benz Boy it does change the whole look of the dash. John it is an aftermarket part and they do stuff for some other models but not all the merc range, they don't seem to do any wood for the w116. The company is called Eris car design www.eris-car.de/

They seem to have a section for 108-116....

Not cheap.....

OP
hoddo

hoddo

Connoisseur
Opps my bad on the 116 wood, but yes on the not cheap, been dreaming for a few yeas and our dollar was strong so I went for it.

Parks

looks sensational Phil, you must be over the moon, You thinking about doing the centre of the steering wheel in the future?

OP
hoddo

hoddo

Connoisseur
Might do the gear selector knob but apart from doing all the old wood to get a good colour match thats it.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Hoddo, that looks EXTRA - I am trying express myself like no one else can as SELfour50 in Canberra - I reckon he'd say it was GOLD. Whichever, looks great. I know you like the black steering boss, but I reckon that a burr walnut unit would absolutely 'blitz' everything. Just picture it.....

Regards Styria

OP
hoddo

hoddo

Connoisseur
Thanks Styria maby you are trying to say it looks WICKED, lol . Tim thanks, yep the wheel looks good but this thread is actually about the timber instrument surround, the standard one is black plastic and the one from germany is wood veneered, hence the thread name Wurzel Tachogenhause as the part is known in german. I asume it means burl tacho house. Perhaps Styria will atempt a translation for us.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Hoddo, yep, it took a bit of time before I could work out what your post was all about. I kept on looking at the title, but I was totally 'verwurzelt' - in knots. I suspect that your spelling is not quite correct, but I admit to not having looked at the finer print on their website.

Anyway, "wurzelholz" means 'knotted timber', we know what 'tacho' means and "gehaeuse' (the 'a' should have little dots on top of it, but the English keyboards don't cater for this) means 'housing'. I think that just about covers it. Anyway, it still looks 'gold'. Regards, 'learned' Styria:D Anyway, we'll reserve all the oohs and aahs for Sunday - and we will admire Cheree's gardening prowess as well.