Wow, I want one!

More threads by Martin280s

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Martin, could it become another stillborn British creation that's been someone's fantasy child ? It looks serious enough, and nice enough, but is the world ready for a "limited use" electric car ?

Fuel is the main topic, but Diesel technology has arrived big time judging by some of the test reports that are now being published. Regards Styria

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

Hi Martin, could it become another stillborn British creation that's been someone's fantasy child ? It looks serious enough, and nice enough, but is the world ready for a "limited use" electric car ?

Fuel is the main topic, but Diesel technology has arrived big time judging by some of the test reports that are now being published. Regards Styria

Apparently it has a range of 300KMs and has a self charging "Regenerative" system so when it's plugged in it tops up the charge rather than charges the batteries. The blurb is really interesting and the performance is spectacular!

Rather similar to the US-built Tesla.

John S

I await further developments, as it seems almost too good to be true - and has more than one actually been built at the moment?

G

GreaseMonkey

Hmmmmm. and what happened to the Tesla?
Great if they work, but with current battery technology, unfortunately electric cars are NOT energy efficient.
Sad, but true.
But, I would love to be proved wrong.
Chris M.

OP
Martin280s

Martin280s

Hmmmmm. and what happened to the Tesla?
Great if they work, but with current battery technology, unfortunately electric cars are NOT energy efficient.
Sad, but true.
But, I would love to be proved wrong.
Chris M.

The tesla is still available...if you can afford it. Did anyone see that GM has brought out its own 'Prius'? Heralded as 'new' technology!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.......

Let's hope it is not still born....:(