Wax Attack

More threads by BAR

B

BAR

I have been feeling very guilty through this summer, being banned from using a hose to wash one’s vehicle and relenting to the inadequacies of the various styles of public conveniences that describe themselves as a so called car wash.

In the end, I have finally taken time to care properly for the ‘big brown bitch’ or BBB being my Milan Brown 450SE.

Having tenderly cared for the cleanliness of the various elements [painted parts, rubber parts, chrome parts and other finishes] I was driven by guilt to bring up a sparkle to each and every one of them.

After browsing through the various waxes, polishes and cleaners at the local auto shop, I was impressed by a packaged solution from Mothers! This offered the ‘Wax Attach’ Palm Power Polisher, being an polishing machine running on mains power plus two special sponge pads for applying or removing the polish / wax, two micro fibre clothes for cleaning and polishing, Car Wash and Cleaner Wax. Having Just washed my car and not needing more car washing liquid, I substituted the wash for a Sealer and Glaze and became the owner of this neatly packaged car care system. I should add that I have the Maguire’s sponge polishing pads [ones that attach to an electric drill], but the Mothers’ product just looked like it should be much better.

Back home and a short spell in front of the TV to watch their very informative and instructional video and begin working on brining back some gloss to the BBB.

The cleaner wax product is so simple to apply with the Wax Attack Polisher and after drying just simply wipes off with a gentle dusting motion and left the car ready for the second stage Sealer and Glaze. That too went on and off so easily and simply. Two stages of polishing and only about an hour’s work… no huffing or puffing. Glide the polishing machine over the paintwork and gently dust off when dry. I applied the polish to the whole car and then dusted off afterwards.

The BBB is now gleaming; being a dark finish it has that beautiful deep wet look. Maybe I should go one step further and apply their protective carnauba wax?

I can certainly recommend the use of these products, not only because of the great results, but also the ease of use and speed to complete the polishing of a car with so much surface area as the W116.

By the way: my ladies’ little white rice rocket also got a two stage polish which took around 45 minutes.

I'd put up photo's for you all to see, but I wouldn't want to make you all too envious [hehe].

abl567

Super Moderator
BAR, I also have one of those and they a just fantastic, so easy to use and achieve a great result. I may even watch the DVD now :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I'd put up photo's for you all to see, but I wouldn't want to make you all too envious [hehe].

Go on.....
Show us

OP
B

BAR

On the subject of the DVD, it was best viewed on your PC. There are 3 files [videos] on the DVD and my DVD player would only permit access to the first, being the instructional video. It is very useful and also intorduces the Clay product and method of use.

The other 2 files include the opportunity to win a trip to see a V8 race in NZ - which I'm sure is out of date and a bit on show cars and such. Both are intersting to watch.

As for pictures, well my Phone will not talk with the computer: the interconnect cable is dead and my desktop doesn't have Bluetooth. When I get the laptop running and connected to the home network, then I may have a go.

Like my car, my SLR camera is older technology and it runs on Film!

John S

I saw your note "It is very useful and also introduces the Clay product and method of use" - I have used the clay product and believe me, the difference in finish when the clay is used is absolutely amazing!! I am really sold on using the clay.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Having had a serious wax attack that has lasted two weeks now I have come to the conclusion that I need to get a life. :p I want my next car to be the sort you can turn the gernie on - inside and out. :eek: Forget carpets, forget leather, forget chrome and paintwork - I just want rubber and matte-black steel. :D Oh, better make that allloy so it doesn't rust when I hose it out. Maybe I'm ready for an old Land Rover? :rolleyes:
Regards,
BenzBoy
Edit; How many electric tooth brushes does it take to clean a car?

Last edited:
OP
B

BAR

For a Hose out Job - inside adn a splash down job - outside, the best vehicle would be the good old Australian designed, Mini Moke.

There's a crowd at Brookvale that rebuilds Mini's of all kinds and you could specify and finish you want.

They are just a bit chilly in winter time.

OP
B

BAR

That's exactly the vehicle. Mind you for the money they are attempting to extort from a buyer, one could obtain a 6.9 in excellent condition!