Rovers, Rovers, Rovers

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Not a word from Michael about the auction of the Canberra Rovers, some 60 odd. How many did you come home with Michael for instance ????

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Last update was that he has purchased the entire collection and they are making their way up the hume on a convey of car carriers. All 160 cars.

Scanias-loaded-e1406634796694-650x311.jpg

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I always recall my old Irish Mother always saying "God preserve me from those without a sense of Humour "

Styria

The Godfather
Good one C107 and Sean. Present indications will be for me to leave Sydney on Friday, at six in the morning. Car and Parts inspections from nine onwards, and auctioning of cars starting from five in the afternoon.

The following day, Saturday, auctioning of parts commences at 10am. It should be interesting. Presently, I am in the throes of disposing of two P6 Rover 3500S, together with a host of other somewhat obsolete parts. Both Rovers, the 'S' model being the manual transmission version, have been in the family for many years. In fact, the 1974 model was my very first P6 for me to purchase whilst the other, a 1973 model, I gave to my oldest son as a 21st birthday present. That would have been in 1992. BTW, I'll be staying at the Aria Hotel in Dickson on Friday night. Will probably have a bite to eat at Queenbeyan Leagues Club after the auction. Regards. Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I have it on good authority that the local council up at glenorie has received an application for a modest extension to Styria's workspace that will allow him to house his new collection.

From the plans received:

Volkswagen-Car-Parking-Tower-wolfsburg-deutschland-1.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
.......you know how to put that boot in. :D. I really wish that I could turn the clock back twenty years. The parts that the deceased owner, Dr. Flynn, had assembled was mind blowing. The remarkable aspect related also to new parts in significant quantities that were on hand - he must have bought out the entire Rover stock when the Company went belly-up. Regards. Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Well Michael at least they did not go to the Tip as was the fate of a lot of the Stock of Jaguar parts when Brysons closed up shop.

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, in my opinion, that's totally selfish and cruel, and borders on the criminal. Mind you, perhaps even Mercedes Benz have been involved in this practice at times. Would anyone be able to eloborate ? Regards Styria