Rego renewal

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
21st June Rego renewal is due.

What is this about the RTA no longer issue Rego stickers is that true?

No more RTA rego stickers displayed on the windscreen or side window of your car.

Plan to shop around for CTP prices.

CraigS

I think the rego label was eliminated from 1st January this year. With the Police in-car detection equipment, they felt it was no longer necessary.

It does pay to shop around for the CTP, and to have comprehensive insurance with maximum no claim bonus, and NRMA membership. Having these will lower the premium. Why ? I have no idea why any of these things should affect the premium, when it is to cover an injury to a third party. I assume it is because if you have these things, you are deemed to be a safe(r) driver.

Styria

The Godfather
Craig - I agree with you entirely.Some of the information the companies want nowadays bear should have no bearing whatsoever on Green Slip policies. I once contacted Youi Insurance to get a quote and the questions they asked had no legitimate bearing on the make-up of the quote. I once indicated to the guy on the other end of the phone that we were not that far off parting company, but his excuse was that he had no other options. In the end, after a couple more silly questions (like how old was your mother when she died ), I decided to bail out. Just total nonsense.

Tim, Shannon's are a new Underwriter for Green Slips. I would suggest them first, and GIO second. They are both part of the Suncorp Group. I don't think that you will get better elsewhere. Also, don't forget, NRMA are no longer NRMA. Their Green Slip prices border on the indecent. Regards, Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Just clarifying the Godfather's statement on Shannons as a provider of Green Slips...
The proviso is that you have to be a Shannons client before you are elligible.
And their Green Slip is drawn through GIO (a sister company) and as I found out, is a tiny bit cheaper!

But certainly GIO has been coming out with the best quotes

Here's the website to compare green slips

http://prices.maa.nsw.gov.au/

Styria

The Godfather
Michel, I see an addition to your Avatar naughty, naughty....:D. Regards. Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
I'm about to renew the rego for the Hilux, the ctp price was $754!! from GIO.
As I do every year I went to a comparison price site and came up with a price of $600.91, also from GIO. The difference? GIO changed the garaged postcode from East Kurrajong to Seven Hills:mad:
On the comprehensive insurance they, also GIO, changed the model from a SR to a SR5, so I had them change it back and the premium dropped $250
My Benz's are insured with Shannons and every year so far they have increased the agreed value of the cars and reduced the premium:cool:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
What did you think of the CTP prices I posted earlier today?

abl567

Super Moderator
It doesn't really matter what any of us think about the prices Tim, we have to pay it regardless so pay the least you can because to pay more is a folly, all policies offer basically the minimum legislated cover.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Rego stickers are no longer required, because the RTA via Police now have number plate recognition technology.

That being the case I guess this technology is spreading worldwide, with Australia not being the first country to use it.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Rego renewal done today and the Battleship passed the inspection!

$451 for 12 months QBE CTP.

$37.50 for the inspection.

No rego sticker won't remove the current RTA sticker until Rego expires 21st June.

Once the current Rego expires so you just remove the sticker from inside the windscreen drive the car without the RTA sticker?

abl567

Super Moderator
You can remove the sticker now Tim, they have not been required since Jan 1.
And remember to remove any residual adhesive from the screen to avoid scrutiny on Sunday:D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
You can remove the sticker now Tim, they have not been required since Jan 1.
And remember to remove any residual adhesive from the screen to avoid scrutiny on Sunday:D
Yes - I have removed mine as I prefer the clean look rathet than any additional stickers.
Oh - are we having a Concours on Sunday?
regards,
Brian

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Scrutiny yikes!
:eek:

So will there be a Concours on Sunday?

Rego sticker will be removed.

Styria

The Godfather
I don't think a concours would be such a good idea - it'd result in a hometown decision. :D Mind you, I don't know whose hometown. We could sort of award a price for the longest distance participant - I have a few well worn in chamois. (Get rid of all the bugs on the front of car). Regards Styria

N.B. BTW Timmy, could you bring along your Mercedes watch(es) ? I would like to have a look at them.

Oversize

Grand Master
In Victoria we still require stickers, but probably not for long as they cost money to distribute. But they should use their brains and only issue stickers when the rego is paid rather than when it's due. I'm sure there's lots of cars driving around with a current label but expired rego. Of course they can only get away with that for 12 months (unless they get caught), as VicRoads wouldn't issue another label unless the rego's been paid for the previous year.

VicPol only have random NPR available through VicRoads and it's not fitted to every vehicle; yet. This makes it more important for labels to be fitted as they have an indication on whether the rego has been paid or not (within 12 months at least). Without labels and NPR they have to manually check every vehicle, which is quite labour intensive and a nightmare for the dyslexic!!! ;)

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
I don't think a concours would be such a good idea - it'd result in a hometown decision. :D Mind you, I don't know whose hometown. We could sort of award a price for the longest distance participant - I have a few well worn in chamois. (Get rid of all the bugs on the front of car). Regards Styria

N.B. BTW Timmy, could you bring along your Mercedes watch(es) ? I would like to have a look at them.

Well worn chamois for the long distance participant winner now there's a prize no one would want to miss out on! lol.
;)

Yes Styria I will bring the two Mercedes watches.

Will I bring the two W126 tail light lenses as well for you?

abl567

Super Moderator
Ok, a combined swap meet and concours, I'll swap lunch with whoever washes my cars:D

abl567

Super Moderator
Ok, I'll still cook:p