Redoing interiors

More threads by BAR

B

BAR

For those in Australia who have considered improving their insulation [heat and noise] and looked for a good supplier of Dynamat products, I can share this information.
Classic British and German: located at Unit 1, 247 West Street, Carlton, NSW can supply:

Dynamat Extreme [heat and noise insulation] Boxed 9 sheets: approx 18" x 32" each sheet, total $300 incl GST.

Dynapad [usually used on top of the extreme and on its own] single roll 32" x 54" each $157 incl GST.

They also supply Cut Pile German manufactured 'original' carpet, in a full range of colours for the W116 and others at $135 per metre [I forgot to ask the width], so for a W116 one needs around 3.5 - 4.5 mtrs depending on how much one is replacing [4 x floors, 4 x sill panels, rear transmission tunnel, under rear seat, under 2 front seats, 2 sides of centre console, 2 knee pads at front under dash].

For those who enjoy a more hands on approach, go down to Carlton and collect all the items required, take it home and cut to size then take the carpet sections to a trimmer and have them bind the edges of the cut carpet and then fit yourself or take the lot to Parkes and have him do it for you perfectly at a reasonable cost.

Parks

thanks for posting that BAR, they are good guys down there, I sometime use them, however I can do the Dynamat slightly cheaper at $290 and if your needing more than one pack I can do it slightly cheaper again and I could certainly match the price of the carpet also.....and I could sew the binding no problem at all.......regards Brent

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Parks - I am not yet ready to re-uphoster the Phantom as basically the interior is OK. However, there is no insulation in the firewall or front floor-boards so the cabin gets mighty hot - what product would you recommend and can you supply? The issue is that nothing can be permanently affixed because the floor-boards need to come out for access to the clutch etc.
Regards,
BenzBoy

Parks

In fact Dynamt has just brought out the MEGA pack which contains 72sqf and BULK pack has 36sqf and as I said above its $290 but the MEGA pack which has double the amount, I can do that for $525 so thats a saving of $55

Parks

Hi Benzboy, I would use the Dynamat product and I would insulate each panel indivdually so they can still be removed and then so it still looks original I would put a old style insulation over the top ......regards Brent

OP
B

BAR

Hi Parks

I spoke to the pirate (Styria) earlier today regarding all of this and I am convinced that it is truely a job that should be done by a craftsman such as yourself.

Dynamat needs to be cut correctly to size and I'm sure that you've got templates etc already done for these cars. Sticking it down would also be best done by someone with experience otherwise one would end up with ridges and bumps in the finished surface.

Once I have resolved the leaks in the BBB then I can come knocking on your door.

By the way, I do believe that the major problem is because of an improper fitting of the front window rubber / seal. It may need to come out and be reinstalled, please remind Styria that he was going to PM to me the name and number of a reliable fitter for that job.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Parks
By the way, I do believe that the major problem is because of an improper fitting of the front window rubber / seal. It may need to come out and be reinstalled, please remind Styria that he was going to PM to me the name and number of a reliable fitter for that job.

i think you need to remind Styria again....
He is forgetful sometimes..:D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Bar, if I recall correctly, I was going to phone you to see if we could get together in order to try and ascertain the area where water is getting into your car. From your post, it was my understanding that you had water inside the car as well as in the boot area.

I am sure you realize, as will others, it can be quite time consuming to establish the source of water ingress. Quite often, it takes a team of two to work together to do this, and I needed to consult Parks as well as yourself to organize a suitable time for everyone. It was not a question of forgetfulness.

Anyway, I see that you have overcome your problem which pleases me no end, but re-sealing the front screen is not going to prevent water from getting into the boot. Anyway, if I can help you in due course, just let me know. Best Regards Styria (pirate ?) :confused: