Patience

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Patience is a Virture, so they say.
My Shipment arrived in Sydney on September 15th. and was delivered today. But no one new where it has been since It was declared Lost by DHL in early October.. The problem was the wrong P/C, 2000 instead of 2110. So some one sent it back to the States instead of simply looking up the code for Hunters Hill , a few miles away !

Fitted the new coil and temp sender unit, so all is now well.

...........Sean

PS., along the way I found out that D.H.L.( the International Freight Forwarders ) is owned by the German Post Office and our Post Office is commisioned to make the local deliveries . They in turn sub contract the deliveries to a local Courier. Plenty of opportunities for parcels to go astray.

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, if you think you have had your share of dramas, listen to my story - two stories in fact. Firstly, I had a parcel sent from Austria containing, of all things, birthday and Christmas cards and a bottle of special salad oil. It just so happens that we have a 6 foot gate that's padlocked when we're not home. The Australia Post Messenger, or Courier, could have placed the parcel in the mailbox, although the lid would not have fully closed - or else, he/she should have left a card and taken the parcel back to the P.O. Well, of course, that was too hard, wasn't it ? So it was preferable to effect delivery by actually throwing the parcel over the gate and it landed three meters on the other side of the gate. How do I know and prove it ? Well, the parcel was still there, and the oil had run back to the gate (driveway has a slight slope) - the full three meters. Of course, the bottle which had been well packed, was broken. Right at this moment, whoever was responsible, denies any wrong doing.

Second story - had two Ch. 109 suspension valves sent from the Middle East on an exchange basis for rebuilt items - they arrived yesterday, 17th December. Guess what date they were posted ? 13th September, and Australia Post was aware of the tracking number. It was a good number, but no one knew where the parcel was. So Sean, don't feel too bad. :D BTW, I have located the combination indicator/cruise control switch - in beautiful condition, with lettering intact, and if you want it, I am looking for $65.00 plus postage. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I Sent a bottle of 18 year old single malt whisky to a certain address in Sydney to help with the convalence recovery process. 3 weeks later it returned to sender stating address unknown . At least it was not broken so i guess next atempt will to be hand it over in person . :eek:

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Unfortunatly I have not found a way around some of the US suppliers who are blocked from sending items to Australia. Thats how I ended up having to go through Bongo International who consoladate shipments and choose their own forwarding companies. ......Sean:confused: