Now I admit it looks good, but...

More threads by chrisp

BenzBoy

Grand Master
A well-known car in lovely condition. The asking price from the owner a few years ago was $50,000 and he claimed at that point to having spent that much on the car - well, that is exactly what he told me at a Concours. Hmmmm....certainly a nice vehicle but we are in a recession and prices are not quite what they used to be.
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Last edited:

John S

An 8 times Concours winner? This looks like it could be George Mathesons’ car, which was in great condition when I last saw it at our Concours - George had driven it to Melbourne not long before and had a problem with one of the suspension spheres, so he had the Melbourne dealer change the lot!

Parks

An 8 times Concours winner? This looks like it could be George Mathesons’ car, which was in great condition when I last saw it at our Concours - George had driven it to Melbourne not long before and had a problem with one of the suspension spheres, so he had the Melbourne dealer change the lot!

yeah John it is Georges car, it is magnificent !

Styria

The Godfather
The car is presently being advertised for sale by Coastar Motors at Gosford on the Central Coast. It is there on consignment.

Well, George is certainly one of the most fussy and fastidious owners one could come across and he certainly has never for one moment flinched for what he he has been charged by various organizations, mostly "STAR' related.

The other day, so he tells me and I have no reason not to believe him, he mentioned the cost of replacing the two rocker cover gaskets. "you know" he said, "it must be a complex job, as it cost me $950.00 to get them replaced".

I dropped the phone !

Anyway, it is George's car and indeed he no longer wants the original $50k. he had previously insisted upon. I do know that he had paid $35k. for the car to a very well known Used Car dealer living in the Southern Highlands and, as I have said, George never shirked the task of spending money.

Incidentally, the Magnetite Blue 6.9 is on the market again.....Speak to me for details. Also Craigs's car (the blue one) has been bought by Michael who is a member of topklasse. Regards Styria