new spheres

More threads by arcijack

arcijack

Connoisseur
Hows everybody doing today? put new spheres on front of my car today and drove around the block , the ride was still somewhat hard and bouncy could'nt go too far since i have not registered car. but when pushing down on the front of the car it feels very hard , not much spring action at all, when pushing down on rear , i get that springy bounce. is this normal? i'm sure some of the harsh rides is due to old rock hard tires, they havent been changed in 16 years. but just wanting an opinion

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Arcijack, did you change all three pressure cells (spheres) ? With a system working at optimum efficiency, pushing down continuously and letting the car come up again, it will start behaving like a waterbed - that's how soft the suspension will be. Is the car properly pumped up, and is the disc pushed towards the front when in normal position ?

Otherwise, I really cannot understand why your suspension should be rock hard. Have you tried the 'speed hump in the shopping centre' test ? One side at a time, both front and back simutaneously, and the quality of shock absorption should soon tell you that either all is well, or alternatively that you may have to chase a problem. Regards Styria

OP
A

arcijack

Connoisseur
Thanks sir: yes i did change all 3 spheres, the car front goes up to highest posistion when i start it, my level controller is off for the time being due to plastic bushings rot, would this have anything to do with it

WGB

I would check that the disc on teh central valve is really in the Normal position as even a mm out will leave the suspension locked and give a harder ride.

I have noticed in the past that it takes a week or two of driving before the system really self bleeds properly and settles down to a normal ride.

Bill

WGB

I would check that the disc on the central valve is really in the Normal position as even a mm out will leave the suspension locked and give a harder ride.

I have noticed in the past that it takes a week or two of driving before the system really self bleeds properly and settles down to a normal ride.

Bill