MG?

More threads by BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Anyone driving down Parramatta Road past the old Damelian showroom would have noticed that the area is stocked with a hundred or so new MGs and that the showroom now bears the octagonal MG logo. It seems that the importer has not yet received homologation with ADRs and so there are no compliance plates yet.
When?
Will it happen?
More importantly, do we want it to happen?
More unanswered questions....
Regards,
Brian

Styria

The Godfather
One must assume that these are old stock unless, of course, the MG lettering and Octagonal live on in China ? The Rover 75 certainly does, but it has a slightly changed name. If in fact those MGs are old models, that's probably not such a bad thing - whilst they were somewhat maligned by the press, especially the Rover, I do think that they wre nicely styled and proportioned cars, and the Rover certainly boasted a wonderful, sumptuous looking interior.

So that's about all I can say. Regards Styria

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
One must assume that these are old stock unless, of course, the MG lettering and Octagonal live on in China ? The Rover 75 certainly does, but it has a slightly changed name. If in fact those MGs are old models, that's probably not such a bad thing - whilst they were somewhat maligned by the press, especially the Rover, I do think that they wre nicely styled and proportioned cars, and the Rover certainly boasted a wonderful, sumptuous looking interior.

So that's about all I can say. Regards Styria
No Styria - they7 are brand new cars made in China under the MG label which is now Chinese owned. They were brought into the country ahead of compliance! normally compliance is gained before importing all the stock.
Regards,
Brian

WiSeGuYY

yes the proff. is right , i don't know about Australia but they invaded Egypt as well lets hope the Chinese are resuming the good name of the MG like it was before , i saw Chinese companies succeed of developing ailing brands LIKe
VOLVO and Hummer and actually VOLVO now had very interesting models in their fleet.
Also the KOREAN KIA was bankrupt and sold to Hyundai which flip it upside down and now became a worth looking at .

REGARDS

TAREK