Mercugly

More threads by Des

450SE

So the Ford Taurus ISN'T the fugliest car on the road in Australia after all... :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
Well guys. I am going contra opinions expressed so far. Sure, it's not the prettiest thing running around, but it has novelty, curio and advertising value. I know that people would be drawn to it at, say, a concours and probably walk away muttering to themselves "whatever", but it is different and not everyone has got one !

My provisos relate to quality of assembly and workmanship, and I wouldn't be terribly enamored by having a 4 cylinder dragging around all this weight. That'd be the thing stopping me - otherwise hey, why not.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think it hardly looks any worse than some of the other four wheel drives aroundat the moment, such as the Lexus, Mazda, Audi with their aggressive rear and sideview styling treatment - or the Musso whatever they call it that's been discussed in these pages. Or just think back to when the A-Class was first revealed - I didn't think it was a particularly pretty sight. Regards Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hear Hear

Need posts longer than that to shout me down ! :D Besides,, I never said it was pretty or beautiful. What were the words ? Curio, Advertisement and another one. Yeah, different - all values. Regards Styria

B

BAR

As with all things, beuaty is in the eye of the beholder.

The guy who designed this, well his/her eyes must be very impaired to start.

Some say it's all about genetics, so this Musso Utilty based creation started with some good and some bad DNA. The Mercedes engine - good DNA, the Musso bodywork - not so good DNA. His blending and modifications, well if you start with flaws you end with a disaster.

I think the Herman Munster Drag Hearse was a much better example of what happens when you start with a clean sheet!