MBCV Southbank display day

More threads by 260ebenz

Styria

The Godfather
I suspect, and I am certainly hopeful, that this link is easier to navigate than the original post. Regards Styria

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...isch/media_set?set=a.10201219783193411&type=1

N.B. Well, it's working well, without actually having to find all pics. The array of cars is certainly more than impressive, and the photos are excellent. I'd daresay that MBCNSW hierachy would give their left hand to attract similar quality cars. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
N.B. Well, it's working well, without actually having to find all pics. The array of cars is certainly more than impressive, and the photos are excellent. I'd daresay that MBCNSW hierachy would give their left hand to attract similar quality cars. Just my opinion.

I agree. In my mind, the NSW event has gone downhill in recent years, seems a shadow of itself. Sad.

I want to go to the vic event, I am in melbourne nearly ever week, but not on the weekend.

Bryce

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Gentlemen, I am not a member of the MBCNSW but from a Club perspective I know it is difficult to organise a Concours. The cost of holding one at the old time favourite, Fox Studios, now runs into the thousands of dollars and other venues are also prohibitively expensive. Clubs rightly consider if they should spend their members' dues on such venues or on other benefits for members.
Of course if you feel strongly that the even is declining then I suggest you offer your services to the Club and help build a premier event.
Regards,
Brian

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Gentlemen, I am not a member of the MBCNSW but from a Club perspective I know it is difficult to organise a Concours. The cost of holding one at the old time favourite, Fox Studios, now runs into the thousands of dollars and other venues are also prohibitively expensive. Clubs rightly consider if they should spend their members' dues on such venues or on other benefits for members.

Good point, although my comment had nothing to do with venue, but rather that the NSW event used to attract a large number of amazing Benzes from the 50s, and 60s, these days there are far fewer, with some classes only having a couple of cars.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Good point, although my comment had nothing to do with venue, but rather that the NSW event used to attract a large number of amazing Benzes from the 50s, and 60s, these days there are far fewer, with some classes only having a couple of cars.
The trouble is that all clubs are starting to feel the pinch. I hope it does not mean a waning interest in older cars among the younger members (read under 70!) but I fear it might.
Perhaps a combined display and skid pan day would get a better entry?
Regards,
Brian

sean sherry

Master
As you say Brian, it's the aging process. Most Club Nights ,Vintage Cars and Bikes ,feature a sea of Grey Heads. The younger generation grew up with Rice Burners, that's where their interest lies. I know in the Bike World nobody wants anything with Girder Forks ( pre War ) Even in the M/b Club it is rare to see anything pre '70 unless it's a S. L.................