Linnwood House Display

More threads by c107

Styria

The Godfather
Yes, thank you for the pics. I am again having PC red issues, so God only knows when I will be able to post my pics. As C107 indicated, this event is noted r its congenial and enjoyable atmosphere, and the cars on display are more of the everyday classic that people can afford.

I was stoked with getting, I guess, a visitor's price in the shape of two books. One in particular centres on being a Haynes Workshop Manual for the Red Bull Formula 1 car going back to 2010. A quick perusal promises a most interesting read to see what makes these cars tick. Getting back to my award - totally unexpected but again it illustrates the excellent and attractive appearance of my pride and joy, the Gleaming Beauty. Regards. Styria

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I have strong personal memories of the black Wolseley 18 / 85 that is pictured.
My grandfather purchased it as a new car in 1948. I was able to positively identify it, because the steering column had to be shortened to accommodate my grandfather's larger than average tummy.
It was garaged in Captain Piper's Road Vaucluse from 1948 until 1952, then in Carlingford from 1952 until 1955, when it was sold.

I can still strongly remember looking to riding in the sumptuous dark tan leather seats as a kid. The first luxury car I had ever been in. It had a (then) genuine regal atmosphere about it.

It has spent quite some time in Tamworth (15+ years?), but is now (I believe) garaged in Sydney.