I'm on the hunt....Watch out!

More threads by BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
Gentleman.
I'm looking to buy a (123 1984 or 1985) or 126.125 1986.
I'm going to narrow it down a tad....You need to be on the west coast of Canada or in California,Oregon,Washington State or anywhere near Vancouver Canada.
Looking for a rust free car,in great overall condition.

email me @ benzguy604@gmail.com or call me @ 1-604-241-9434 (Vancouver)

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzLover, just give me a couple of days to get overthere ! :D BTW, have you re-located to Canada? It'd be nice to hear from you regarding your plans. Regards Styria

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
Hi BenzLover, just give me a couple of days to get overthere ! :D BTW, have you re-located to Canada? It'd be nice to hear from you regarding your plans. Regards Styria

Hi Styria.
I haven't relocated to Canada,but I still own a home there and travel to Vancouver from time to time.;)
I have allot of projects on the go,and it keeps me busy...:cool:
Cheers
Ill keep in touch.
Big Dan

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Being a detailer of cars, and having visited the the Southwestern parts of the U.S. recently, I have appreciated the condition of cars in this area, and how the average car is maintained, bodywise. I have observed that water for washing cars is scarce, and so drive cars tend to be dirty.

The best chance of getting a rust free example of any car is to look at one that has spent all or most of it's life in the drier parts of Southwest of the U.S. Because the climate is dry, cars tend to be relatively rust free. The downside is that the sunlight can be quite harsh in these areas, and so poor paint condition is more likely. In this case, hopefully, the car that you decide on would have been garaged all of it's life, and kept out of the sun. If this is the case, the resulting body condition will be better, and I guess that as a result, the asking price will be higher. Very high interior temperatures do not favour interior condition either. This happens when cars are left in the sun for extended periods.

If you live in Vancouver only intermittently, you will not have the time to refurbish a car that may be in poorer condition than you may find desirable, and so you may be better off paying the higher price for a car that you will have to worry less about. Because the climate in Vancouver is wetter, it would be much better if you could garage any car when not in use.

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
Being a detailer of cars, and having visited the the Southwestern parts of the U.S. recently, I have appreciated the condition of cars in this area, and how the average car is maintained, bodywise. I have observed that water for washing cars is scarce, and so drive cars tend to be dirty.

The best chance of getting a rust free example of any car is to look at one that has spent all or most of it's life in the drier parts of Southwest of the U.S. Because the climate is dry, cars tend to be relatively rust free. The downside is that the sunlight can be quite harsh in these areas, and so poor paint condition is more likely. In this case, hopefully, the car that you decide on would have been garaged all of it's life, and kept out of the sun. If this is the case, the resulting body condition will be better, and I guess that as a result, the asking price will be higher. Very high interior temperatures do not favour interior condition either. This happens when cars are left in the sun for extended periods.

If you live in Vancouver only intermittently, you will not have the time to refurbish a car that may be in poorer condition than you may find desirable, and so you may be better off paying the higher price for a car that you will have to worry less about. Because the climate in Vancouver is wetter, it would be much better if you could garage any car when not in use.

I totally agree my friend.
The 126.125 I recently purchased was from southern California and was kept in a garage for most of its life and is totally rust free.I did see a few for sale in Arizona,again this is also a place where the sun is very hot all year round.I did get in touch with the sellers but my best bet in this case is to fly there and spend a few days shopping around.I would love to get another 126.125 and ship it to Oz in the near future.
Ill keep you all up to date.
Cheers
Big Dan

Styria

The Godfather
............Some very wise word being uttered and appropriate advice given by a detailer that knows......Regards Styria

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
............Some very wise word being uttered and appropriate advice given by a detailer that knows......Regards Styria

Here here!!

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Interestingly, I know of a gold W126 500 SE not more than 5 kilometres from where live that may be for sale. I do not know much of it's condition now, but I guess that I could ask if required.