I could not believe my eyes!

More threads by BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
The last few days up here in the north western part of Canada have been pretty cold,so yesterday morning I decided to go and start both cars to let them warm up.While they were warming up it was time to remove some snow that had accumulated over night on both cars...All of a sudden I notice a large puddle under the 123,at first I thought it would have been water from melting snow.then I approached and immediately noticed that it was engine oil:confused:
I didn't even know if I had enough time to run around the car and shut the ignition off....But I did.:D
And this is what I found being the culprit...:mad:
The stud holding the oil filter lid in place unscrewed it self letting all of the oil out of the engine!And it only took a couple of minutes.Damn was I lucky or not. It could of been overtightened in the past and fatigue got to it many oil changes later. I have ordered a new nut and stud and will replace it all tomorrow on my day off. And will also be buying a new tube of RED lock tight.
Unfortunately I'm unable to post any pictures Oh well maybe some other time.
Cheers
Dan
Vancouver Canada

Last edited:

B13

You lucky diesel engine owners have a cutout device added to the engine oil circuit, so that if engine oil pressure disappears altogether, it will shut the engine down.

I.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
You are a lucky BenzLover (and a fast one also..)

Been pretty cold lately, I can imagine you'll be having a weather shock when you move over to Australia..;)

OP
BenzLover

BenzLover

Benz Whisperer
Last edited: