horror upon horror

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Found this thread on an old, almost disfunctional W108 website listed as a link on the MBCNSW website. I believe that our friend Alabbasi in the US, he is one of our members as well as on the M100 site, may have had a hand in dealings with this 6.9.

http://www.w108.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=243

I've revived this thread, so to speak, as the photos are excellent, and also the details of the work required to restore this car are quite amazing. The determination that some people display is nothing short of understanding or appreciation. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
BTW, the outcome of this job has not been documented. The thread simply ended without further information. Wonder if our Alabbasi can fill us in on some more details. Regards Styria

WiSeGuYY

Dear GODFATHER , i also discovered another site for ELABASSI called www.stroke8.org about a year back , also some cars in there worth seeing.
actually that is first time i know he is member here too . for some reason his site is not updated nor populer though he is from - USA - the country where i feel they have most W 108 /109 6.3

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
And I thought I had some rusty cars!!! :eek: Seeing this reinforces the fact that anything can be repaired if you're prepared to spend the time and $$. And also buyer beware!!! It seems quite common in the US to hide all manner of sins with Bondo (body filler); far worse and more prevalent than here in Aust. The incidence of rust over there is made worse by that fact that they salt many roads.....

Tony66_au

Hairy bog hides a multitude of sins, I've seen roofs of cars reconstructed with the stuff and entire structural sections cosmetically smoothed over with it as well lol

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hairy bog hides a multitude of sins, I've seen roofs of cars reconstructed with the stuff and entire structural sections cosmetically smoothed over with it as well lol

Don't get me started on the way some cars are 'bondoed' in the US. :mad:

I used to import cars from the States by the container load and I have seen some beauties! :(

WiSeGuYY

Hi MICHEL , i agree with you about cars in the US , but also in the northen states they do use salt on the roads to de-ice , i guess only few sudden states where it doesn't snow are safe from this but they face other problems like salt water floods or humidity like in Florida.

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

BTW for those of you wondering what "Hairy" bog is?

Its standard bog with fibreglass in it which allows you to commit even worse atrocities with filler.