Bob Jane all rounder

More threads by c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Some of you might remember I bought an S211 E350 about 15 months ago.
At the time, the car needed rego and the previous owner had to put two new front tyres on to pass. He put on the 'bob jane all rounder' and I can say after less than 10,000km, they are pretty much bald now. Tyre pressures have been correct per the petrol flap.

This is not a tyre I would normally choose, especially if I compare it to the Yokohama's of the same size I have on my 450SLC. I did about 15,000km when they were on my 560SEC and then another 8-10,000 on my SLC and they are still fine.

260ebenz

Master
Bob Jane tyres plain old rubbish!

My Grandparents had a set of Bob Jane all rounders on there 1983 Toyota Corolla CS sedan purchased new from Cardiff Toyota.

The tyres on the Corolla were perished the car had sat in the garage the car was my Grandmothers.

The Corolla went from home to the bowling club barely used.

The car had under 30,000kms on the clock from new.

At the time I had my 1982 230E which of course did cost more than the Toyota in my opinion the Corolla was such a plain looking car.

The old adage ‘never judge a book by it’s cover’, the Corolla with a new set of Toyo tyres complete service rego renewed the car was ready for the open road again.

After seeing the old tyres on the Corolla I would personally never use that brand.

Neither am I a fan of Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop & Firestone poor quality but that’s just my two cents worth otherwise may agree or disagree?

Important to have good quality rubber whilst driving your pride & joy safety is essential as well.

Regularly checking your tyre pressures, wheel balancing & rotating surely a good way to get the maximum life out of the tyres?

Sorry for my lengthy story about the Toyota & tyres and hopefully I have not gone off track from the original post if so no disrespect to Bryce?

Cheers.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I'm thinking of buying a set of the same wheels with tyres which would give me a spare. They are from a wrecker, two tyres are 80% tread and two 50%, so this might be a better option.

sean sherry

Master
Yes Bryce, I also found that the internet/ Wrecker was the way to go with 4 Alloys and very good tyres for our 7 year old C Class. At $600 it was way cheaper than refurbishment of the Alloys, plus another $600 plus for Tyres.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Yes Bryce, I also found that the internet/ Wrecker was the way to go with 4 Alloys and very good tyres for our 7 year old C Class. At $600 it was way cheaper than refurbishment of the Alloys, plus another $600 plus for Tyres.

yes, this is what I will do if I can get out to the wrecker in time. About an hour from my place so might not be able to get out there this side of xmas.

Styria

The Godfather
yes, this is what I will do if I can get out to the wrecker in time. About an hour from my place so might not be able to get out there this side of xmas.[/QUOTE

Well you did - how did you get on ?:(. Regards. Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Talk about tyres - good tyres, I mean. I was fortunate enough to purchase five, yes five, brand new 6.70+15 Avon Nylon Cross ply tyres for one of my Rover Coupes. Well, they are of course the correct size, but what was I thinking ? Something, obviously erroneously, had told me that I was looking at purchasing four brand new Turbosteels, and I thought at $400.00 for the lot they would be a steel !

By the time I realised what I was up against, it was too late. I had driven to Moss Vale to meet up with the seller who had come from Canberra, he was a personal friend of a personal friend of mine, and I decided to honour my commitment I had given. At least, I've now got five brand new, of the correct size of tyres.........what more can I ask:mad: Regards. Styria