Bathurst 1000

More threads by 260ebenz

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Bring on the carnage I love cars crashing it improves the viewing. :p:p:p

Styria

The Godfather
.......I know it's not going to happen, but bring on the rain - it may well afford the Erebus Motorsport Team a chance of doing well. Does anyone know how they are faring ? New sponsor ? Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
They have removed AMG and Actros from vehicle and replaced it with Erebus down the side. They were just outside the top 10 but cash wise I would say not good. :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
They have removed AMG and Actros from vehicle and replaced it with Erebus down the side. They were just outside the top 10 but cash wise I would say not good. :eek:

Just outside?
Position 16 and 17 are a bit far from Top Ten.

It's sad, but let's face it, if the factory is not behind it, the team will never amount to anything, regardless of how rich Betty is.
Look at Volvo (3) and Nissan (7).

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I was being optimistic . :)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Watch out the Volvos :eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
Volvo drivers drive like Volvo drivers....

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I thought that was Camry drivers nowadays .:D

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Sorry guys I missed the race today!
:rolleyes:

So I am guessing Team Erebus Betty's team with the C63 AMG did not win today?

Don't tell me a Holden or a Ford won the race?!

When are the C63 AMG going to win?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Never they don't race. Its called a E63 but all cars a 5.0 litre. :p

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hold on Motec you say the Team Erebus cars don't race but I have seen the cars race on TV before.

Never heard of the E63 Mercedes before Motec are you sure about that?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
The Nissan is rear wheel drive and powered by the V8 from the Patrol which is 5.6 litres . And destroked to 5.0 litres . The Nissan is only sold and made as a front wheel drive. :D

Styria

The Godfather
Geoff, that is some great information that you have established a link to. One loses track of where something or other has its origins - incidentally, the Mercedes and Volvo 5 litre engines - do you know of their origin ? In addition, I was under the impression that all cars share a common body ? Am I correct ?
So how could you be referring to an E-Class Silhouette ?

A number of years ago, when in Europe, I attended a Rallycross event in the boonducks of the Austrian nowhere Hinterland - however, there were two or three 5.0/5.6 litre Mercedes taking part in the racing, and all had a Hanomag transaxle/differential arrangement. It seemed to be the mod of the meeting - Hanomag transaxles for some of the more 'expensive' cars. Do you know anything about that ? Thanks for your most useful links. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria all cars share a common Chassis not body . Each manufacturer bolts there body shape to the chassis the only brand specific item is the engine. As stated Nissan is based on 5.6 litre Patrolhttp://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/nissan-v8-shipped-to-japan-in-search-of-power . Volvo is made by Polestar http://www.v8supercars.com.au/view/videos/650hp-volvo-polestar-racing-v8-supercar-engine . Mercedes is M159 destroked to 5.0 litres http://www.motoring.com.au/news/201...sport-mercedes-benz-v8supercar-revealed-35081 . All cars are limited to 7500 revs

Oversize

Grand Master
I understand the need for capacity parity, but why is there a limit on revs?? Rev too hard & it goes bang so that should keep a lid on it.... One's that can be revved have a better chance at winning; simple.

BTW this years race was thrilling and if I'd missed it I'd be kicking myself

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Rev limit was imposed to keep a lid on cost to stop exotic metals being used . It didn't so after 2003 season they outlawed them. Hence the 2003 Lap of the Gods not being beaten till 2010. :D