Avalon autocross 22th March 2009

More threads by B13

B13

Take one tarmac racer and put normal wheels and tyres on, and fit oversized mudflaps, and you have a dirt track warrior:

Picture%20or%20Video%201667%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

There were lots of 4cyl cars but this was my main opposition, a BMW 735iL especially modified for dirt duties:

Picture%20or%20Video%201663%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

The attendents (me included) wouldn't look out of place on the set of Mad Max 2:

Picture%20or%20Video%201670%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

3-2-1 GO!

Picture%20or%20Video%201674%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

WOT on full V8 song down the short front straight:

Picture%20or%20Video%201676%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

Setting the car up for a full opposite lock assault on that corner:

Picture%20or%20Video%201683%20Standard%20e-mail%20view.jpg

I.

SELfor50

Hahaha.. that looks like bloody GREAT fun!!!!

How did the ol' girl feel?? Was the opposite lock turns nice and comfortable, or were there a few hairy moments??

Was the Bimmer the only other V8 there?

Did you give the hand-brake a whirl at all, or was it just turning with the right foot?

I thought something like this would have got the resident TK'ers spilling comments??!! What's going on peoples, support your fellow S-Klasse posse!

OP
B

B13

TeamW116 goes where no W116 has gone before!

SELfor50

Styria

The Godfather
Hahaha.. that looks like bloody GREAT fun!!!!

How did the ol' girl feel?? Was the opposite lock turns nice and comfortable, or were there a few hairy moments??

Was the Bimmer the only other V8 there?

Did you give the hand-brake a whirl at all, or was it just turning with the right foot?

I thought something like this would have got the resident TK'ers spilling comments??!! What's going on peoples, support your fellow S-Klasse posse!

Hi SELfor50, do you know, this is the first time I have seen this post ! I suspect that it came onto Topklasse when I had a really bad cold that absolutely knocked me for six and I'd hardly spent any time on the PC - I'd get home and would just be exhausted.

On the surface, yes one would feel somewhat disappointed with the lack of response, but it still comes down to our small membership. Unfortunately, one can only do so much and no more, but we need to just hang inthere.

B13 - thanks for flying the Topklasse flag on your front screen. If you give me your address, I'll post a Topklasse T-shirt to you.

When I was in Austria last year, I went to an Autocross event that had been organized in the middle of nowhere so to speak. A bit like Avalon, but much prettier country. Man, I can tell you - it was wild. One guy in particular lost both rear tyres and guess what - he kept going full bore for about four laps. In the end, it was too much even for him.

There were two Benzes to compete - one fitted with a 3.5 liter Rover V8, the other was a ....just trying to think what brand of car it was. Anyway, it was fitted with a 560 engine in the back, hooked up to a German made transaxle - I am trying to remember the name of the manufacturer. Anyway, that was the hot set-up on most of the racers. In the feature race final, the Benz, after a really good start, slowly started dropping back to eventually expire with a blown engine after some seven laps. I never had my camera on me that day. Regards Styria