America is not Trump !

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Just watched a program from Wheeler Dealers featuring an '82 500 Mercedes Coupe. Brought up to AMG specs.. The workshop skills in America have to be seen to be believed. The scan tools and bending tools in the workshop to make a complete copy of the factory exhaust, plus the skill of the men was a revelation to me. I hope you all saw it !:)

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Couldnt agree more Sean.
Great show, and some great work for sure.
I do miss Ed China from the original series, but we do get to see some great work from the new guy.

One of my favourites is called Iron Resorection.

These guys make full guards from scraps of steel, their craftsmanship is just amazing.

The cars they turn out are a great combo of old school with a bit of a modern twist.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I’m still trying to see the relevance of the title of this thread!

E43-F11-F0-CB1-C-4-D99-8-AA2-784-F3-BA0-E4-E8.jpg

BHW

Connoisseur
Hello Michel, If I'm not mistaken he's referring to the fact that even though we have a certain individual whom I'll leave out all of the colorful adjectives regarding, running the country, it doesn't and shouldn't effect "we the people" so to speak.
I personally have never recognized him as the "P" word and am still waiting on the impeachment. To each his or her own opinion :D ;) :) Years ago before the Bush brothers were elected Governor and President of this country I kept telling people that if they got elected, they would be the downfall of this country.
Umm... Yeah :(
I’m still trying to see the relevance of the title of this thread!

E43-F11-F0-CB1-C-4-D99-8-AA2-784-F3-BA0-E4-E8.jpg

abl567

Super Moderator
Let's just not go any further with this.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Of course all Americans do not reflect the President nor his policies.

I do not wish to, nor would I, engage in politicking on this Esteemed Forum, and especially about a foreign country.

I was merely trying to correlate the title with the posts. :cool:

BHW

Connoisseur
We're all cool.
No offenses.
Of course all Americans do not reflect the President nor his policies.

I do not wish to, nor would I, engage in politicking on this Esteemed Forum, and especially about a foreign country.

I was merely trying to correlate the title with the posts. :cool:

Styria

The Godfather
I am not going to get involved in this discussion because, irrespective of my opinions, none will change the status quo. As far as I am concerned, and as far as I know, the man was elected fair and square, and on that basis, should be allowed to govern his country. God Bless America.... Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Miss read, I was not talking about Trump , but about my admiration of the skills in the American People. The People are the Country, as in every Country. I lived and worked with them in Buick and Lincoln/Mercury Dealerships. I also conducted Business with many Americans Coast to Coast over many years. I got know their Society very well. I was a permanent resident there and feel qualified to voice an opinion. Nothing more.:)
Fair and square .. with fewer votes than his opposite number. Hillery.
Factual !

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Leaving..... And why did you leave I hear you ask..... My now Australian Wife only had a Student Visa and was obliged to leave after finalising her PHD. So we got married in Philadelphia and set sail for the Land Down Under. We have never looked back after 56 years together. In America I worked on Peace Work, which is,one is paid for what one produces. In Dealerships it is a 50/50 split.
Making money for the Dealership and for oneself is the name of the game. Which I did, and was earning the equivalent of One Hundred Grand a year in 1962. Back in Australia and working for a Dealership in Brisbane, I was paid the princely sum of $57 per week. One year later I had started my own Business and within one year had tripled my earnings. America gives free reign to People who want to rise above the herd. That is why it is the World's:D leading economy.