630slc

More threads by Des

Des

630SLC
or should that be 450SLC 6.3?

ether way it is a loaded gun, the .44 magnum of the German Muscle Cars.

image7329.png

image7328.png

image7327.png

image7330.png

116Benz

It looks like it was meant to be there in the 1st place. WOW. I like that.

OP
Des

Des

RonB over on the M100 forum is working on a W107 with a 6.9 heart transplant.

what a weapon!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
With the variety of engines and body styles, the combinations are endless.

I recall when I was in my early 20s, a mate of mine had transplanted a 3.5 in a Pagoda SL.....

It was dangerous... but fun.. :p

Styria

The Godfather
Hi bb, you're not missing anything as they are different cars with different engines. They're both left hand drive so would presumably be US or Euro cars.

Conversions like these, to my eyes, look absolutely daunting and I would question the installation of the 6.3 engine in what is essentially a car with a 'soft' chassis. Even in a 109 body, the weight of the engine can take its toll on the cross member which can crack or become out of alignment. Thus, the longevity factor certainly needs to be taken into consideration.

I recall another thread in Topklasse which featured the German 450SLC fitted with the 6.9 engine and that RonB in Brisbane had a hand in. The manhours, AND money that went into that project were quite staggering. I sometimes wonder what fate befalls these complex conversions - you know, still revered and pampered today, sitting in the corner of some garage or shed...who knows. Regards Styria

B

BAR

Power gains can be more cheaply obtained.

Our lovely old cars produced relatively modest power outputs 450 Engine only 165Kw - 220HP and the 6.9 about 210Kw - 280HP

Both can be considered modest by comparison with current MB engines. The E500 ENGINE is a 5.0 with 225Kw - 302HP standard.

This would also be a lighter engine being all alloy!

Drop it into a 450 and you'll get a real thrill. THen go ballistic with an aftermarket engine mamagement computer and dial up extra neddies at will.