6.9 - yours for $50K.

More threads by Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I don't like to comment on someone's car or their price. I am not in a position to judge it and of course it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay...
Suffice to wonder if perhaps we have seen this car on here before - closer to home...?
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz

Master
I remember posting info about this 6.9 not long ago.

$50K for a 6.9 has to be ambitious?

Surely a good tidy 260E W124 for $6500 neg would be better.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, if you're thinking about the car that has won its class at the MBCNSW concours for the last nine years, I would suggest that it is unlikely that they are both one and the same car. This car presently advertized has a far greater mileage, and it is also my understanding that George's Astral Silver 6.9 was bought by a collector that lives within about ten minutes from Bateau Bay.

I further understand that the new owner is somewhat "shy and retiring" and does not want anyone to see his collection of Motor Cars - thus George's car will disappear from public scrutiny at least for some time. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hi BenzBoy, if you're thinking about the car that has won its class at the MBCNSW concours for the last nine years, I would suggest that it is unlikely that they are both one and the same car. This car presently advertized has a far greater mileage, and it is also my understanding that George's Astral Silver 6.9 was bought by a collector that lives within about ten minutes from Bateau Bay.

I further understand that the new owner is somewhat "shy and retiring" and does not want anyone to see his collection of Motor Cars - thus George's car will disappear from public scrutiny at least for some time. Regards Styria
No: that's not the one I am thinking of. There was another that was freshly renovated.
Regards,
Brian

Oversize

Grand Master
Weve all seen this one before and the poor pics still remain.... But from what I CAN see, the look of that nice new leather means you can almost smell it! Mmmmmmm.... :)