6.9 # 7114 - it lives !

More threads by CraigS

Oversize

Grand Master
Ok lets get back to the topic heading....

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ok lets get back to the topic heading....

And that is that everyone wants to see #7114 in the flesh.... well in the metal :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Or more pix!!!!

Styria

The Godfather
I spoke to CraigS at the Club meeting the other night. Like so many of us, he is flat out attending to all kinds of matters and situations, plus he has a number of cars on hand that are constantly being worked on. Give him a bit of leeway - he is well on the way to coming good.

I think it should always be remembered that the car is no longer the 'screaming bargain' some of us may think it is - it is obviously none of my business, and maybe I am talking out of order, but the paid out figure would show little change out of $10K. Still cheap, but not dirt cheap - and that's Craig doing the majority of work. Regards. Styria

OP
CraigS

CraigS

Not quite, but getting up there ! However, I am now pretty confident that the engine and fuel system are in good order. I fixed the oil leak today and took it for another run. It is going very well - judging by the black tyre marks left behind as I fish-tailed out of an intersection. Now to put all the bits and pieces back together, such as the console, which I had taken apart to get the radio out, but these things are minor, and I am just glad that I don't have to get back into that motor again.

Did you receive the part numbers for the 6.3 Syria ?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Good to hear Craig no rush at all. My only wish is to see the car complete or not when I am allowed over. :)

Styria

The Godfather
Not quite, but getting up there ! However, I am now pretty confident that the engine and fuel system are in good order. I fixed the oil leak today and took it for another run. It is going very well - judging by the black tyre marks left behind as I fish-tailed out of an intersection. Now to put all the bits and pieces back together, such as the console, which I had taken apart to get the radio out, but these things are minor, and I am just glad that I don't have to get back into that motor again.

Did you receive the part numbers for the 6.3 Syria ?

Craig yes, thank you very much for that information. I am sorry I hadn't acknowledged the receipt of the information - haven't spent that much time on TK. The PC is in the garage, and it is a cold place. Regards. Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Does that mean your in the dog house. :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
No, I'm top dog - when I am allowed to be. I have chosen the garage as my little 'playhouse' - I love music (something not really shared), so it suits me to be holed up in the playhouse listening to all that 'oompah' stuff, and all those romantic music videos that I like so much. Regards. Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
CraigS, how is your 6.9 going these days? Found this old thread and it looked like quite a comprehensive fuel system rebuild on a lovely car.

The 300b in the background is nice too!

OP
CraigS

CraigS

To be honest, I haven't driven it for some time. I start it occasionally. I need to have it repainted at some stage. I have been waiting for that time when prices start increasing. It appears they are in Europe, with 6.3 prices now in the GBP 80 - 120,000 and 6.9's around 30% less. Wish it would happen here, but I guess it will eventually.

Styria

The Godfather
After a bit of a nasty fall today, sleep has been a bit hard to come by. Well, it really has nothing to do with Craig's thread, but I took the opportunity to re-read the thread from its splendid beginning to what became in the end, a somewhat useless dribble or exchange of "nothing's" that can be reminiscent of Facebook postings.

There are some reviews that are taking place, and as a result two major threads have been removed as they became meaningless. One with two hundred photos, and another with more than three hundred dots of nothing. As I said, I went right back to the beginning, and the longer I read of Craig's trials and tribulations, the more I would love to see Craig's car becoming reality where we can see and hear it from time to time.

I wonder if Craig has been able to devote a little more time to what could, and should be, a splendid car. I know that Craig has became involved in a number of business ventures that are taking time away from his cars, but possibly Craig, you might have the time to provide us with some update of your endeavours in dealing with your various cars, particularly with the 6.9. Regards. Styria

OP
CraigS

CraigS

No progress at all ! I do however need to get on to it this year and get it sorted. Need to rebuild the front struts and have it repainted. Otherwise, not too much else. Rego is due so I need to get a pink slip done, but off to Indonesia and Dubai next week so there is another month gone !

Styria

The Godfather
Yes Mark, it knocked me around a fair bit. Step up with right leg which basically collapsed under me on account of a bad hip, and over I went without any control on my part. Very reminiscent of an almost identical fall about three to four years ago when I had to have operations on both my left shoulder and left hip.

Luckily enough, this time no major damage except for a nasty left forearm slash, and a sprained right wrist. Glasses fell off, my lorikeet went sprawling (he had been on my shoulder) and honestly I had no control over how I fell and what injuries I could have sustained.

Regarding Craig's car, the 6.9 - I spoke to him at the last Mercedes Club meeting, and he basically confirmed that father time and business commitments are simply preventing him from carrying out any work presently on the car. How are you getting on, Mark ? You still have at least three 6.9s still in your care - any progress on your part ? Be very interested to hear further from you. Regards Styria