1962 Lagonda Rapide

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Many times I have mentioned the Lagonda Rapide, basically a four door version of the Aston Martin DB4. Sure enough, the article makes it quite clear that there was more to creating this Saloon merely by extending the wheelbase and adding two doors.

I wanted to feature this write up in TK almost purely to see if I had the computer capability to transfer the article from within my system of folders, but also please note that the article, among a number of useful observations about the car itself, also refers to an additional seven Rapides that were built some years afterwards. Some of you may recall that it was only an exhaustive search that revealed details of that car. If I am not mistaken, it could well feature in the "ARCHIVE" section under the heading of Road Tests. Regards Styria

NOTE: My experiment has fallen flat on its face. My apologies, but I am determined to find the means to show it on TK

BREAKING NEWS ! SUCCESS, and I did it all by myself..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi C107, you are dead right and if you ask me how it has found its way into the pages of TK, I obviously don't have the answer. I need to hang my head in shame and face the embarrassment. I will need to get things right in due course. Regards. Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Hi C107, you are dead right and if you ask me how it has found its way into the pages of TK, I obviously don't have the answer. I need to hang my head in shame and face the embarrassment. I will need to get things right in due course. Regards. Styria

Ah, its no big deal. Kind of funny really.
Am interested in the car whenever you do get a chance.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Bryce - Shhhhhh!
:p:p:p:p:p
I just adore the Aston Martin Lagonda of 1987-1990; particularly the Roos Shooting Brake.
Regards,
Brian

I think the three cars that epitomise the 80s for me are the Aston Martin Lagonda, the Ferrari Testarossa and the Lamborghini Countach.

I can just picture the first owner getting out of the car with his white Miami vice suit, girl on his arm with the shoulder pads and 80s style hair.

The AM is a really distinctive piece of design, there were two at the show on sunday.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
To save the Godfather further embarrassment, I have taken the initiative to remove the wrongly attached file.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Each is a stunning example of quality design. Once upon a time Miss Olga might have wanted a Shooting Brake for herself; now she would want one for the grandchildren ....
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Maybe if I have more challenges to find cars I may get my enthusiasm back. And yes I may start looking for PY136 again.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes which would explain not being able to find it.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
To save the Godfather further embarrassment, I have taken the initiative to remove the wrongly attached file.

Michel, no embarrassment, just perplexed. Nevertheless, your able assistance is, or was, greatly appreciated. Regards. Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Maybe if I have more challenges to find cars I may get my enthusiasm back. And yes I may start looking for PY136 again.

Geoff, right at this moment, I can't offer you any further challenges - I guess having regard to some unpleasant experiences you have encountered in the last few months, it takes a bit of time to recover. Anyway, speaking of challenges - do you have any further news or progress reports on Memnoch, your 6.9 ?

Anyway, getting back to your internet referrals. I really appreciate your efforts in finding that information about both the 1962-1964 Lagonda Rapide, and the later Aston Martin Lagonda of which eight were produced. It's somewhat satisfying to actually be able to peruse the layout and superb quality of the car's interior. I had never been aware that a 7 litre engine had been commissioned, and the details of work and restoration of this car make fascinating reading. Engine specifications, when compared with the M100 6.9, are more than interesting. Similar, if not the same, engine capacity, very similar torque figures, but have a look at the difference in the horsepower figures - about an extra 160bhp (without looking it up again) and about one and a half seconds quicker in the sprint to 100 km/hour. Thanks heaps for your efforts - please, get that enthusiasm back again- it's worth it. :D. Regards. Styria