1960 Kombi van

More threads by 260ebenz

Styria

The Godfather
Timmy, not so sure if this is the "RIGHT car to be featured on TK. Sure, Kombis are attracting somewhat crazy prices, but we ought to draw the line somewhere....and this is where we should start. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Yes; a split screen Kombi Van is worth money today. Having driven one I still recommend a Trabant for speed, comfort and reliability.
They have achieved classic status in some circles so why not here as well? Mind you, I am dead sure a front-on accident in one would be quite permanent...:eek:
Regards,
Brian

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Timmy, not so sure if this is the "RIGHT car to be featured on TK. Sure, Kombis are attracting somewhat crazy prices, but we ought to draw the line somewhere....and this is where we should start. Regards Styria

Fair point Styria.

The asking price is outrageous $25K for the Kombi sounds like alot of money for a resto project.

Helmet

Connoisseur
As I informed Tim via email:rolleyes: When in Germany last year I saw a fully restored split window combi for sale for 75,000 Euros:eek:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
75,000 Euros for a split screen Kombi now that is top dollar!

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Very good VW Komi video Brian.

There is always 3 or 4 Kombi vans on display at the AGD, they always attract a crowd.

Local hire company with two stretch Kombi's I have seen both of them out at Redhead in Newcastle.

Both Kombi's are superb and plenty of leg room.