Recent content by Oversize

  1. Oversize

    6.9 Water Pump replacement

    Well looks like the rebuild guy in Altona doesn’t want to repair the pumps anymore. Reading bw the lines there seems to be more going on… So where to next??? There’s at least 3 pumps I know that need attention! 😱
  2. Oversize

    W116 Jacking Points

    Even worse if you car has suffered unseen rust during its life. If you use the factory jack you may discover another major problem when dealing with a simple flat tyre…. Only use the std jack when absolutely necessary, otherwise use a trolley jack
  3. Oversize

    AC Compressors for the M116/M117 and 6.9

    Personally I’d go for a much lighter unit thats more suitable to the newer gases. But the mounting & drive mechanisms would be the deciding factors
  4. Oversize

    6.9 Timing Chain Check

    You have to line up the timing marks on the cams & compare the deg on the balancer to check for stretch. I think the max was about 10deg. Other than that check the guides for wear & any rattling on cold starts
  5. Oversize

    Tyres

    Yellow dots should be aligned with the valve stem. Check out Tyroola: https://www.tyroola.com.au/tyre/215-70-r14/vic/?s=relevance&d=desc
  6. Oversize

    Tyres

    Well they may handle like rubbish, or not grip in the wet (or dry), but ANYTHING is better than what was previously on the Fangio car. Priced well & the right size too! I was fully expecting them to say they weren’t available, despite their listing. Ok load & speed rating too. Time will tell...
  7. Oversize

    Motorex 2026

    Oh I forgot to add my own entry lol! 🏎️🚀♥️🇦🇺🏆🏆🏆
  8. Oversize

    Sold: 1986 300SE W126

    Sagged rear springs?
  9. Oversize

    Motorex 2026

    The 2124hp dyno pull by JKLHYD was also a highlight… 🚀
  10. Oversize

    Motorex 2026

    Biggest crowd I’ve ever seen there, dispelling the myth ICEs are dead! 🚀🏎️🏆
  11. Oversize

    Goldeneye (5694)

    I’m liking some of these too…
  12. Oversize

    Dora 2

    Another option under consideration… 🏎️
  13. Oversize

    Midnight Express RUF 560SEL

    Perhaps this is a better option? 🚀
  14. Oversize

    Goldeneye (5694)

    Maybe all bronze??
  15. Oversize

    Dora 2

    Yeah it’s pretty radical & not likely to become reality. I’m quite aware the car has many rare options, so I’m reluctant to go changing anything that cannot be easily undone. Wheels can be changed but not body mods
Top