Write offs

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Insurance Company Policy is .....Repair costs more than three Quarters of the Market Value of a Car.... then written off.
Ball park figure is $10/$12 K.to Repair the Golf for mostly Panel replacements
Three to four weeks walking excerise... I need it

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Insurance Company Policy is .....Repair costs more than three Quarters of the Market Value of a Car.... then written off.
Ball park figure is $10/$12 K.to Repair the Golf for mostly Panel replacements
Three to four weeks walking excerise... I need it

Who are you insured with?
and who is the car with?

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Insured with Allianz and being repaired by Concours Motor Body in Hotham St opposite VW Service Centre. VW speaK highly of them.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Insured with Allianz and being repaired by Concours Motor Body in Hotham St opposite VW Service Centre. VW speaK highly of them.

You're safe with Allianz and Concours is an excellent shop approved by VW.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks Michel, It is always reassuring to know that a badly damaged car is going to be repaired correctly and safely.
I have been reading about the New Passat arriving in October. It will have automatic braking below 65 KPH if the driver does not respond quickly enough.
This would have saved me. I have to admit that ,at times , I drift away from the job at hand ,whilst driving in todays traffic. All ways a car in front ,one behind and one from a side Road
An ageing thing ? Probably a contributor.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Not really an ageing problem, rather a sign of the times.
Too many cars on the roads.
We simply drive on highways and roads that were intended to carry less than half of the number they carry at present.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Write off confirmed yesterday. Accessor was very helpful, the principal reason was the cost of three Air Bags and a Dash replacement. How about $9000 !
Plus extensive body panels and both chassis rails were bent.

Allianz will supply a new Golf. They also have a Free road side assistance for our out of Warranty C Class , kicks in at the first renewal of Insurance.
Peace of mind after four Roadside call outs under Warranty.
Looks like Mercedes have now fixed the problem. Car now starts cold or hot.

You are right Michel, one cannot afford to even blink in today's traffic.
I have been taking notice of my actions and find that I'm automatically,constantly, looking left and right at side streets and checking the rear vision mirror.
But no more fiddling with Car Phones, Radios, heater controls etc.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Did you know that the St. Christopher Medallions , that the Irish have screwed to their Dash Boards ,only work up to 50 KPH ?