Without Sin

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Is Mercedes without Sin ? I think not. The Rear Light wiring and the Bulb Holder Assemblies on the C Class W204 from 2007 to 2012, plus some others I suspect,, was not up to standard.
The Ground feed wire could not carry the current and over heated resulting in the connector burning out. A recall under warranty was just a band aid. I have just replaced both rear Bulb Holder Assemblies with new modified items. Also repairing the connector pins and their holders. The wiring is still the same, time will tell. The cost for each assambly has come down from $80 to $ 38..... volume production savings ??:eek:

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes I have installed LEDs for the Reversing Lights, complete with Resisters to balance the current Draw ,. If not, the Dash will flag a fault. The indicators have a special staggered Pin fitment so not possible there . The Brake lights have a coloured Bulb to comply with the local Law. But I may be able to fit LEDs to the tail lights which come on when the ambient light is poor during the Day. We no longer drive at night..... the ageing process !!:)