Oversize

Grand Master
W126 560SEL 300hp M117....

IMG_E8269_1.jpg

IMG_E8270_1.jpg

IMG_E8275_1.jpg

IMG_E8271_1.jpg

IMG_E8274_1.jpg

PS I didn't take the pix (they're not up to my standards)!

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
And this is what happens when you don’t clean up under that battery tray... On the drivers side was a big rats nest which was actually interfering with the throttle linkages!
0579_D3_C4-5630-4323-_A054-_CB75_F113626_A.jpg

2_E9_BB038-5_ECB-43_C0-_A2_FD-90766_BE46536.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, those pics are really horrifying - surely it must depress you when you see that sort of rust and the mess the car is in. BTW, this is not criticism - I am merely expressing my sympathy for you. The parts that you have paid for will be (again) sent to you tomorrow or the day after - I forgot to pick the bottom hydraulic ball joints from my factory. I do want to send everything to you in one package.

BTW, what are your plans for this 560SEL - as you know it is very rare having the full hydraulic system, but surely there is a lot of work ahead of you. The 420SEL that you bought off me - could it be a useful tool for you in re-birthing the 560SEL ? Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Ummm what happened to the pix?? Don't tell me it's Photobucket 2.0!!!

This car is a parts only one anyway so I'm not too concerned. The fuel system will be a donor for my other 560 which is currently on LPG (installed by a PO).

The 420 went on to save several vehicles and the interior will improve the LPG 560 which also has a black interior, but is a little tired in some areas. After a repaint in the original colour the LPG 560 will then become a very nice machine in the colour combo I've always desired (black exterior/black interior). It's an update Euro car also with a 300hp M117. :cool::D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Oversize, maybe I shouldn't ask - what do you think ? Any further progress that you could share with us. As you may perhaps have noticed, I've been quiet on TK for a while now, so please understandif perhaps I have not seen an update elsewhere on TK. Regards Styria

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Oversize, maybe I shouldn't ask - what do you think ? Any further progress that you could share with us. As you may perhaps have noticed, I've been quiet on TK for a while now, so please understandif perhaps I have not seen an update elsewhere on TK. Regards Styria
Hey none on this car yet. TBH & sadly I view it purely as spares for my other 220kW cars. When last started it had a rather horrible tapper noise which I suspect is a chewed out camshaft. The car was neglected by the POs and vital maintenance was never completed. Even now there’s an oil leak from the sump plug where the PO couldn’t even change the oil without creating a problem! 😬🤨