What is this ?

More threads by CraigS

CraigS

I have never really taken much notice of the light pictured in the following link but it is the one in front of the shift lever. I have done bit of a search and cannot come up with any photos of anything similar. When the hazard lights are on, it also flashes in sync. When you turn on the indicators, it flashes once only. There is no mention of it in the owners manual, but I have no doubt it is factory judging by the wiring. So, what is it for ?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/...L 69 No 7114/2013-10-01203250_zps864c0b99.png

Also, bit of an update to 7114. I have rebuilt the brakes - new master, rebuilt calipers, new rotors, new pads, and new hoses. I have also changed the drag link (previous one bent like a banana), put new bushes on the lever going from the right side of the gearbox to the accelerator mechanism, and replaced the bushes on the gear shift rod on the left side.
The steering coupling is dead so that's next. Carpets have been cleaned and glued back in place, seats are ready for installation. That will leave just some tweaking of the tuning and it should be good to go !

Off to Brisbane Friday to drive the Townsville 220s to Sydney.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The 'green' light is to tell you "It's all good to go" :D

OP
CraigS

CraigS

I wish that was the case, but it is getting closer. Here is my to-do list

Steering coupling
Instrument lights not working
Reverse lights not working
Front A/C fan on constantly
Exhaust leak
Replace windscreen & seal
Fit new rear window seal
Fit new parcel shelf carpet
Check timing chain stretch
Tune and drive ...................!

Lukas

Impressive jobs to do and jobs done lists.

Re the light, are you sure it's factory? Appears not to be centred for one. Maybe it's some kind of now-defunct alarm or immobiliser active light, which being wired into the indicators not flashes with them?

OP
CraigS

CraigS

That is certainly a possibility, but I can see no evidence of an alarm or siren that may have been there. Nonetheless, a good thought and I will endeavour to track the wiring back to its source.