security

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Not quite a Topklasse topic but perhaps useful none the less.
Bank online security from the horses mouth. Our online CBA Banking was corrupted today , thankfully no harm done. Bank security ran me through a procedure to sort it. They advised that I must always log on via "Netbank.com.au " in top left box and never via a recorded Favourites ( that was the cause )
Ditto via Google .. neither method is secure ! This applies to any site that needs to be secure. Any others is not a problem.
Sean

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Not quite a Topklasse topic but perhaps useful none the less.
Bank online security from the horses mouth. Our online CBA Banking was corrupted today , thankfully no harm done. Bank security ran me through a procedure to sort it. They advised that I must always log on via "Netbank.com.au " in top left box and never via a recorded Favourites ( that was the cause )
Ditto via Google .. neither method is secure ! This applies to any site that needs to be secure. Any others is not a problem.
Sean
Curious. I always login through www.commbank.com.au and the site looks very different from www.netbank.com.au
Are you sure you have the correct information?
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes probably both are secure paths. But my main point is that going via an intermediary such as Google is not.

P. S. How I wish Topklasse had a spell check !

even though little Wifey has a PHD in English not much has rubbed off on me !

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
https ? looks like a job for Son- in- Law Micro Soft Ware Engineer.

Thanks for the input...... Sean