No to a 6.9

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Could not afford the Petrol. Back from Bathurst to Sydney today, in The Turbo Golf. All the way back to the foot of the Blue Mountains 4.3 L/100 Ks ( 54.7 MPG ) then on to Hunters Hill, consumption rocketed up to 4.4 L/!00 K ( 53.45 MPG ). Light traffic all the way. But Sydney to Black Heath and beyond , nose to tail at a crawl even on the Freeway. Best to stay in Sydney at any Holiday time. !

c107

and 111/116/124/126
So you're not going to be temped by a Jensen Interceptor then?

maxresdefault.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, it can hardly be a fair comparison consumption wise if you take a 6.9 as the yardstick. You have those cars for different reasons. However, there is another, and probably more important consideration - DEPRECIATION.

I bought Gleaming Beauty (my 6.9) just on about twenty years ago. The price ? A staggering $10,750.00. What would be my lowest price I would take today - not less than $18K. She is insured for $24K. with Shannons after they inspected the car two years ago. So maybe that blows the Golf's consumption figures right out of the park - what's the rate of depreciation on your Golf and then start comparing fuel consumption. BTW, generally speaking, I can achieve 18-19 mpg on a trip, but I have seen as good as 22mpg ! Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Who cares about fuel consumption when you can listen to a big block at the lights?

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Michael it was a tongue in cheek post. !!! Golf is worth about half what I paid for it two years ago. My main consideration was Safety, principally Curtain Air
Bags A side swipe could cause bleeding to the Brian, when on Warfarin. Horses for courses. I know that the 3 Front Air Bags work, I tested them 2 years ago, result a write off. I am also well aware that the principal cost of motoring is depreciation
But I also figure that there is nowhere to hide, it is either reliability and safity with depreciation, or, repair costs and time off road..I can no longer lie under old Cars
So depreciation it is for me!

abl567

Super Moderator
Oh no, look out BenzBoy, there could be bleeding to the Brian :p

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I don't even know why that comparison has come up 😳😳😳

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
6.9 every time for that rumbling sound.

Oversize

Grand Master