My W210

More threads by E200K

E200K

Ok, I know it's a W116 community here but while I'm in the mood for showing off, here's a few (bad) pics of my W210.

It seems that some MB purists aren't keen on the poor 210 but there's something about them that I find really pleasing to the eye.

normal_IMAGE_0100.jpg

normal_IMAGE_0101.jpg

normal_Photo_092108_008.jpg

normal_Photo_092108_012.jpg

normal_Photo_092108_010.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ok, I know it's a W116 community here but while I'm in the mood for showing off, here's a few (bad) pics of my W210.
It seems that some MB purists aren't keen on the poor 210 but there's something about them that I find really pleasing to the eye.
normal_IMAGE_0101.jpg

Are you kidding?
I think the W210 front is one of the prettiest modern Mercedes looks.
As a matter of fact, I was toying with the idea of procuring myself a E430 at one stage!
And yours has the right colours...

Styria

The Godfather
Hi E200K, well, I don't see any problems nor issues with your model and your car. First of all, it's fine if you wish to talk about your E-Class irrespective of whether or not this is the appropriate site. As you know, our Talking Torque section provides the vehicle for anyone to discuss any other model Mercedes or any other marque for that matter. Lagonda, Simca, Citroen, Packard...

I think you've done a great job with your car as evidenced by the concours result, and if you wish to talk about your car and/or whatever work you have carried out, we're happy to hear it. Regards Styria.....and the photos do illustrate the excellent condition your car is in. Thankyou.

Andrew280SEL

Looks like a very nice car :)

Especially like the paint/interior colour combination!
I'd also agree that as far as modern Merc looks go, these cars would be among the best.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
By all means show us your 'other' Benz. We welcome diversity here -VWs, Rovers, Maseratis just to name a few...:D:D:D
In fact, I'd like to see more of your car which looks to be an excellent example.
Regards,
Benz-Boy

John S

Went to the Canberra Concours on the weekend in my W210 E240 - computer advised 7.8L/100 K's on the way down, averaging 88, 7.4 L/100 K's on the way back, averaging 95.

I was happy with the result, in fact it seemed to be more economical cruising at 110 than 105.

Styria

The Godfather
So, in view of those consumption figures, who wants to buy an Echo or Yaris, or thingamigig - oh, Tiida !.... probably perfectly good motor cars, with horrible little names and no charisma. Yeah, I know I'm probably stupid for saying so, but I am happy to own something that's different - especially the names that are really figments of inappropriate and unknown language factors.

Would anyone like to join my single voiced chorus and submit some names used by you know, 'whosamigig' that defy meaning and understanding ? :D Regards Styria ....Just a list of names, unless your 'nasty mood' can drag you into something more sinister.

OP
E200K

E200K

So, in view of those consumption figures, who wants to buy an Echo or Yaris, or thingamigig - oh, Tiida !.... probably perfectly good motor cars, with horrible little names and no charisma. Yeah, I know I'm probably stupid for saying so, but I am happy to own something that's different - especially the names that are really figments of inappropriate and unknown language factors.

Would anyone like to join my single voiced chorus and submit some names used by you know, 'whosamigig' that defy meaning and understanding ? :D Regards Styria ....Just a list of names, unless your 'nasty mood' can drag you into something more sinister.

But don't forget that as a new car my W210 would have cost the best part of $90,000 in 2001. Not sure of the exact figures but I suspect a new Yaris today is about $15,000. Not that I'd want one.

As for names, what about the Daihatsu Charade? Is it pretending to be a car?

Styria

The Godfather
But don't forget that as a new car my W210 would have cost the best part of $90,000 in 2001. Not sure of the exact figures but I suspect a new Yaris today is about $15,000. Not that I'd want one.

As for names, what about the Daihatsu Charade? Is it pretending to be a car?

That one is actually not too bad - I am surprised that none of the Japanese or Koreans have yet thought of "Tirade". Like in the pub, it goes like "what 'd'ya drive matey" - eh, a Daihatsu Tirade - it'd go down well ! :D :D ( Hell, I'm still cackling at my own choke (joke) ! Or how about Nubira ? VW Eos - now that's a beauty - so, it's not only the Asians - the Germans have come into the act as well. Regards Styria Please, we need a few more !

Martin280s

Talking of bizarre names. There has been a Chinese built van/truck launched in Brazil recently. The name of this vehicle is 'Chana' nothing special there except that Chana (pronounced SHANA) is a slang for the female genitalia! :eek: Not a good choice for a vehicle name unless it breaks down and you start swearing at it! Then you can call it a real C**T!!!!!!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Talking of bizarre names. There has been a Chinese built van/truck launched in Brazil recently. The name of this vehicle is 'Chana' nothing special there except that Chana (pronounced SHANA) is a slang for the female genitalia! :eek: Not a good choice for a vehicle name unless it breaks down and you start swearing at it! Then you can call it a real C**T!!!!!!
You'd think the Chinese would have researched their market before releasing names.:eek:
I remember Mitsubishi's episode in the Latino countries with the Pajero (sold in latin countries and the USA as the Montero).
What about Chevrolet in the 1960s with the Nova (which means doesn't go).
Should have been called the Vamos :p

OP
E200K

E200K

So if you own more than one Yaris, God forbid, would you have Yari?

Des

I quite like these teardrop style headlights, its a very classic looking front end design,

normal_IMAGE_0100.jpg

normal_IMAGE_0101.jpg

normal_Photo_092108_008.jpg

normal_Photo_092108_012.jpg

normal_Photo_092108_010.jpg

Styria

The Godfather
You'd think the Chinese would have researched their market before releasing names.:eek:
I remember Mitsubishi's episode in the Latino countries with the Pajero (sold in latin countries and the USA as the Montero).
What about Chevrolet in the 1960s with the Nova (which means doesn't go).
Should have been called the Vamos :p

Well, the Pajero was also marketed as a "Shogun" ! Again, what a disastrous name, and hey, are you too much of a gentleman to translate Pajero from Spanish to English ? No, don't worry, no need to bother.

Okay now, look we need a few more. How about a Nissan Cedric - at least, it's a name, but Cedric ? Why don't we have a Rolls Royce Parker or a Bentley Crump ? Hell, I am cackling again. Regards Styria

450SE

Well, the Pajero was also marketed as a "Shogun" ! Again, what a disastrous name, and hey, are you too much of a gentleman to translate Pajero from Spanish to English?

I can translate for you.
Pajero means wanker. Enough said.

No, don't worry, no need to bother.

Whoops. Too late. :D

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
I can translate for you.
Pajero means wanker. Enough said.

Whoops. Too late. :D

That, my dear 450SE, is decidedly rudd, eh sorry, rude :D I understand that ex President Clinton regards Mr. Rude as one of the world's most gifted statesmen - one of the others is Goddalfi (is that how you spell it ? ) you know, the turkey from Lybia.Well, do I know my facts - yes, I don't think I do, but would anyone question my wisdom on all matters - I say no.

BTW, have not heard much about your 450SE lately - any news, even if bad ? Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
That, my dear 450SE, is decidedly rudd, eh sorry, rude :D I understand that ex President Clinton regards Mr. Rude as one of the world's most gifted statesmen - one of the others is Goddalfi (is that how you spell it ? ) you know, the turkey from Lybia.Well, do I know my facts - yes, I don't think I do, but would anyone question my wisdom on all matters - I say no.

Regards Styria

Yes.
Regards,
Benz-Boy
Ps; It is Rudd and Gaddafi. :D

Styria

The Godfather
Yes.
Regards,
Benz-Boy
Ps; It is Rudd and Gaddafi. :D

Do I realize that I misspelt Goddaffi - yes, I do. Do I care - No, certainly not. Mind you, however, have I realized that I misspelt Libya - yes I do, it should be Lybia. However, am I now all confused - I would say, yes. :confused: Good night everybody - is it nighttime - I think it is and we do not need to consult for advice on the matter. Am I having a ball - you bet I am. No more politics now, I say - or do I :D Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Do I realize that I misspelt Goddaffi - yes, I do. Do I care - No, certainly not. Mind you, however, have I realized that I misspelt Libya - yes I do, it should be Lybia. However, am I now all confused - I would say, yes. :confused: Good night everybody - is it nighttime - I think it is and we do not need to consult for advice on the matter. Am I having a ball - you bet I am. No more politics now, I say - or do I :D Regards Styria

Clear evidence of the need for a temperance revival? :D:D:D
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Styria

The Godfather
Clear evidence of the need for a temperance revival? :D:D:D
Regards,
Benz-Boy

No BenzBoy, just a few more car model names with meaningless and non-existent words or descriptions that are not part of the English vocabulary. Regards Styria