My 280CE went to the hospital today

More threads by Des

Des

Well took my newly aquired 280CE to the mechanic today to get him to look over things,

looks like she needs a bit of working doing to her

The most serious issue which thankfully was fixed before I brought it home tonight, the rear fump pump was leaking fuel

So new fuel pump fitted.

Car has had a full service, tune up, transmission service etc...

Things that need attending to:

--Locks need fixing, drivers door lock is gone, have to use a long bolt to open it
--Diff mount needs to be replaced.
--Someone has made their own brake hose for it and it is rubbing on the bracket for it
--Leaking radiator, needs to be recored
--Mesh missing from under the windscreen, where the wipers sit.
--Needs new cooling syste hoses.
--Needs new engine mounts.
--Cold start sensor needs to be required and connected back up, PO had it disconnected for some unknown reason.
--Seat locking mechanism broken
--Bracket on oil cooler loose, pipes not secure
--requires new cross member bushes
--AC idler out of allignment
--oil leak from power steering box
--bush missing from steering collum

and...

For some reason car has different size wheels on it, x3 at 6.5inches and x1 6inch wheel,

So these things should keep my empty busy for the next few weeks.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Des, what's a fump pump - I can't place that part ! Anyway, looks as though you're in for another fairly expensive project. Just be a little careful - costs can soon get away. Anyway, as long as you're happy doing it. Regards Styria

OP
Des

Des

sorry fuel pump, its on the back near the fuel tank.
My mechanic had the car up on the hoist and showed me where the hose was bloated from the fuel escaping out of it.

I'm happy with the car, needs a few things fixing as can be seen, only issue that annoys me is that pump leaking, you can imagine wha might happen if leaking fuel gets on the exhaust pipes.