Mini Cooper S - Goodwood

More threads by Styria

450SE

Great link Styria!
I was caught looking at the link with an expression on my face - possibly along the lines of "if we sold the C-Class, we could use it as a commute car" (keeping in mind that the Goodwood probably won't even make it to our shores).
Before I was even able to say "Check this out" I heard "Over my dead body"... So chaps... can anybody lend me a shovel for a few hours? :D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi 450SE, life threatening ? Surely not ! Not that I am up to date with Mini Cooper pricing in this country, but I reckon on this Goodwood CooperS selling for probably $65K. if it was ever imported ?

But one needs to look at the exquisite design of the interior - how could anyone come up with such unbelievable beauty ? Every inch, every nook, every corner, is just pure beauty and cleverness. I guess one could best describe it as a very mini Bentley/Rolls Royce interior - and that you pay for. Regards Styria

450SE

Completely agree with you, Mr Moderator.

Given that only 1000 are to be produced, I would have to wonder if Mini would bother making it in a RHD version. If not, it automatically rules Australia out.
Bu then again, it is only coachwork etc being altered on an existing model (which comes to Australia)... So the big question is - will it make it here?

When the John Cooper Works version came out a few years back, the price premium was around $10k beyond the Cooper or Cooper S.

As the Goodwood is in such limited numbers, I would not be surprised if it were $15k above the sticker price, so wouldn't flinch if it were around the $70k mark on road, but if it is closer to $80k, I'd have to seriously reconsider. After all, it is still only a small hatchback. A colleague threw close to $100k on a B200 Turbo about nine months ago and for all that money the car IS fully optioned, but it's still just a B-Class...

My better half may flinch a whole lot more than me (and more quickly) and put the foot down on my head quicker than I can say "Honey, we're selling the C-Class..."

Two minor things to detract from the car though - it should have a sunroof at least as an option and the seatbelts ought to match the interior colour.
Beige interior with black seatbelts is so passe. :rolleyes:

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Why bother - it's less than 5.5m long anyway...:D
Regards,
Brian
Surely you're not that leggy ? I mean, I did see you stride out so proudly with Olga by your side, but still.....:D Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi 450SE, you raise some very valid points regarding options and accessories. In my view, the real beneficiary of expensive options are purchasers a little further down the option line-they are the ones to get the perceived bargains. $100K. for a B-Class ? It's a lot, isn't it ? I have always liked them ever since spotting them in Europe, but I honestly prefer a somewhat different kettle of fish - I am talking about the US made R-Class, although I have read some adverse reports on that model. Can anyone comment on this ? Mind you, the overall concept of that car appeals greatly. Regards Styria