Landaulet

More threads by Des

OzBenzHead

Master
Des: Thanks for those great pics of the Crayford Landaulet. The only photo I had of it was a grainy black-and-white of it while being modified in the Crayford workshop.

TJ 450

Interesting.

It is alleged that Ron B. has stated that this was not a Crayford conversion, but rather a special vehicle built in New Zealand. Who knows where this information came from.

Edit; I just read some information that disproves the above.

I was utterly disgusted by the monstrosity of the customised W210 E-Class. An abomination is an understatement IMO.

There was some neat vehicles there too.

Tim

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Interesting, and readable post - and lookable. Is there such a word ? Probably not, but it'll do for the time being. I wasn't aware that the Landaulet was a Kiwi car - is it ? was it ? Whichever, the condition and sheer presence certainly places it in the Stratosphere area - what magnificence. Priced at about $500k. - stratospheric heights again.

The little, and delicate Mercedes 170 cabriolet - Des' favourite (next to his Beetle) and it did change hands just short of 100k. Euros - about $180 $A grand ? In contrast, the equally cute MB Motor Home could not attract the reserve of about Euros 20k.

The Bentley - loverly, maybe just a tad too much RED - apologies to Michel and his 690SEL - mind you, those Bentley wheels would definitely enhance the appearance of Michel's car. Regards Styria

OzBenzHead

Master
Interesting.

It is alleged that Ron B. has stated that this was not a Crayford conversion, but rather a special vehicle built in New Zealand. Who knows where this information came from.

Edit; I just read some information that disproves the above.

[...]

Tim

Don't know if it's the same car, but here is the one and only Crayford-converted landaulet 600: http://crayford-benz.org/Gallery-Other-Crayford-Conversions.html#6. This photo is definitely from the Crayford archives.

TJ 450

Yes, it is indeed the Crayford Landaulet. I just happened upon some misleading information.

Tim