It's back!

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
After a few weeks of absence the show is back.

Classic Car Rescue was on the Ch.63 7MATE was on air at 10:30 last night.

The show being on air at 10:30 at night I find stupid.

Anyhow Bernie & Mario purchased a 1975 Mini for 720 Pounds.

You should have seen the first Mini it was a 1971 model.

Mario & Bernie both looked at the lady selling the Mini who was asking 2000 Pounds, it was a rust bucket a sight for sore eyes!
:eek:

Second Mini was in need of TLC, Mini's certainly do suffer from rust.

Second Mini which was blue, Mario was not a fan of Mini's early on you could see Mario's keen to restore the Mini.

Anyhow both fellas sourced Mini parts they needed good prices through the trade.

Now to my horror as the Mini was loaded onto the back of a tow truck to see if the body of the Mini was straight and ready for the road.

Bernie had never used the tow truck company before there was a 200 Pound fee for the Mini to be delivered.

An argument broke out between Bernie and the two tow truck drivers!

Bernie said to the truck driver I will pay you when you bring back the Mini back, well the driver and his mate were not happy!

Then the two drivers tipped the Mini over on it's side straight on the road surface the roof was squashed in!
:eek:

I have never seen anything like that happen before on a car show I have seen well i guess there is a first for everything.

Anyhow the guys had the Mini painted blue with a roof and the car was detailed and presented for sale.

The Mini did look terrific.

Valuer Dylan Miles who is well known in the car trade and has a good eye for cars carried out his valuation on the Mini.

Bernie & Mario fitted a Cooper steering wheel and a sports exhaust and fog lights.

Mario & Bernie did clean up the engine bay, but Dylan stated they should have spent more time presenting the engine bay.

Dylan valued the Mini at 5000 Pounds, which Bernie & Mario were happy with and they broke even and made a profit.

Now I know this a long and detailed description of the episode but I just thought you guys might find it interesting?

Please feel free to add your opinion of the episode if you have seen the Mini restoration episode.

I will chase a video of the Mini resto.

Next week the guys are restoring an E-Type Jaguar, I look forward to the episode.

I have a soft spot for E-Type Jags.

Cheers guys.

Last edited: