How to vids?

More threads by BIGBENZ

BIGBENZ

hey guys..
Would it be a bad idea to start a how to video setup on TOPKLASSE?

I myself prefer two wheels over four..but i still love the MERC 116..on bike sites they have the how to vids on how to do everything you want to fix a bike..etc
Just an idea..
Cheerz..BIGBENZ:D

WGB

I am not too sure about video but in the past I have taken a number of photos and given an explanation about what has been done.

The resulting pictorial is usually met with an explosion of silence except by the group who probably already know what to do.

A week or so later and forever afterwards somebody pops up and asks the same question and gradually the time spent (and it can be a couple of hours in the preparation) gets lost as no-one ever does a search.

Bill

BenzBoy

Grand Master
This is a problem with most forums. No-one says how valuable is a post of technique until it is needed!!!
The only solution is to have a section of the forum dedicated onlyt to "How to do this..." articles.
Maybe Admin would consider including such a section?
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Styria

The Godfather
I am not too sure about video but in the past I have taken a number of photos and given an explanation about what has been done.

The resulting pictorial is usually met with an explosion of silence except by the group who probably already know what to do.

A week or so later and forever afterwards somebody pops up and asks the same question and gradually the time spent (and it can be a couple of hours in the preparation) gets lost as no-one ever does a search.

Bill

Hi WGB, you have spoken so many true words, and honestly I don't really have the answer. As you have said quite correctly, it takes a considerable amount of time to record and transfer pictures, and you can really feel quite "chuffed" with yourself when you look at the finished post - yet, you don't really know to what degree one's effort may be appreciated. So what do you do ? In my case, it's a question of carrying on regardless in the hope that you're keeping the spirit alive, and that the forum meets its purpose and criteria and, whatsmore, that a few bods down the line appreciate what one is doing.

A forum can be like a Car Club - lots of personalities thrown into the melting pot, and each member must have some reason for wanting to join, wanting to help or, for that matter, wanting to do nothing - there is 'them' around as well. With 'topklasse' it is a very small forum, or community for that matter, and very few of the members are actually engaged in carrying out their work, or trying to achieve better results from ownership of their cars. Therefore, the scope is limited as to what can be written that may be of interest to each of us. So we finish up a 'little social club' - and quite frankly, what's wrong with that.

Anyhow, I am not sure what I am trying to say, or in which direction I am heading. I'll just say this to you Bill - please don't stop posting and putting up pics. someone appreciates your efforts. Regards Styria

Tony66_au

How to Vids are great and a good mate and I spent literally 100's of hours shooting instructional stuff on front end rebuilds, head gasket replacements and other simple items.

They were so good someone put them on a video sharing site where someone else borrowed them and after burning them to DVD started selling them on auction sites etc (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!)

The thing with Benzes seems to be a great availability of tech data but no step by step stuff on how to tackle issues such as initial set up of a K jet system etc and a lot of this "know how" seems to be closely guarded.

The other thing is that sites such as 116.org and Peach have great how to sections.

Admin

Administrator
We actually already have the facility for both videos and a dedicated technical section that is starting to be used.

If you click on media/picture gallery in the top bar, then select the sound/video files, this area will accept video files. It has yet to be used, so if anyone has issues uploading here, please let me know.

On the far right of the top bar is our dedicated technical section to which any Topklasse member can add information, posts and articles - and some already have (big thankyou).