More threads by Des

G

GreaseMonkey

Thanks for that,
any info is gratefully appreciated,
and any photos even more so.
Maybe easiest to email direct at;
ckmart@bigpond.net.au
Note at the bottom it was sold with three years warranty!
Shame I didn't see this earlier with what I have spent!
By the way, it is not, and never was, Thistle Green, the colour code is for Silver Green.
Thanks again,
Chris

G

GreaseMonkey

No chance, I know,
just kidding, not worth the paper it's written etc etc.
Chris

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well yes, just like any car dealer, all nice and plesant till they get your money,
then it is a different story.

And you would know Sir Des :(

G

GreaseMonkey

Des, if you do find the relevant photos, please forward them.
I am trying to put as much of the history together as possible.
John Green has already forwarded copies of some docs, and I have some old photos.
Any other info and photos much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

G

GreaseMonkey

Kms are are about right given that I think it hasn't travelled very far between dealers between then and a year ago. I have only added a few hundred since then, but will probably get a few more on it over the next year.
It is now useable as a daily car, but sometime next year (the 1927 Ford Model T 'Woodie' has priority) I will take it off the road, strip all trim, and repair where needed, so that primed and ready, my local spray shop only has to do the top coat.
Full photo record of course.
Chris

Styria

The Godfather
Looking forward to that, Grease Monkey. If you get the chance, and have the inclination, keep Parks and myself in mind for trimming work. We are getting additional leads almost on a daily basis. Regards Styria

G

GreaseMonkey

The 'T' is a complete running 1927 chassis.
I bought it from another T Club member, and it was known in the club as a well restored '27 coupe, but the previous owner had another car and he thought as he was getting older he was not using them much so decided to sell it on.
Unfortunately a 'Hot-Rodder' bought it just for the body, and once he had taken all the parts he needed sold it back to another club member who knew I was looking for my next T project.
The chassis is fine, with wire wheels (an option for '26, standard for '27), and the motor was rebuilt by the best man in the business - Bob Croft in Kiama if anyone needs a vintage engine rebuilt - and runs like a watch. and although the Bosch distributor and coil ignition is a worthwhile improvement, the rest is all original.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk272/Rev-Head_photos/1927 Ford Model T/chassis3.jpg
I am still a member of the British Model T Register, and learned a lot about them over there, in fact I still contribute a regular column in their club magazine titled "Notes From Down-Under" as there is interest in the differences between Brit Ts and Aus Ts, not to mention totally different driving conditions.
I always wanted a 'Woodie' and have bought complete drawings and plans to build an accurate copy of a 'Suburban Depot Hack' as this was a popular model in the USA in the twenties.
I also had to buy another complete dismantled '27 Roadster just to get a good set of mudguards and running boards, and selling the roadster body on to another Hot-Rodder meant I effectively got the parts I wanted for free.
The spare chassis (excellent condition) and motor and gearbox (needing full rebuild) will eventually be rebuilt as a two seat 'Speedster' but that is behind the Woodie and the Crayford in the queue of jobs!
My priority job for this week is to clear the shed to make room for working on the T body parts, while the chassis will have to stay outside under a tarp until I am ready for full assembly.
I will certainly post photos when I have something to show, as I will be documenting the full build-up anyway, for the club mags, both here and in UK, and may even bring it along to a club meet one day; I like being the odd one out, (like the time my '66 Thunderbird stole the show at a Mustang club rally years ago, or making a noise at a Ferrari Owner's Club meeting in a '69 Pontiac Firebird convertible).
As I said, I'll keep you posted.
Chris

G

GreaseMonkey

Looking forward to that, Grease Monkey. If you get the chance, and have the inclination, keep Parks and myself in mind for trimming work. We are getting additional leads almost on a daily basis. Regards Styria

Thanks Styria, I will be needing a couple of bench seats for it when the body is complete, I will get in touch, although the couple of upholstery jobs needed for the Crayford may be of more interest to you.
Chris

G

GreaseMonkey

Thanks Des, (or is it Sir Des?) the photos of mine I already have thanks to J.G.
The blue one in UK belongs to Stewart Imber who races a 300SE in historics and also has a Universal 'Finnie' wagon.
All of these will be listed on OzBenzHead's upcoming Crayford register website - how's it going Gordon? - and J.G has created a registry on his MB Spares site for owners to put details up.
You must have a lot of photos!
Chris