French Disply

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Great turn out, Lovely Irish Weather till around noon.... then the blazing Sun came out... much too hot for walking around.. so i went Home !

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, for whatever reason, this is probably the third time that I have missed you when we attended the same venue. In general though, what did you think of the day ? Regards. Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I gather you left early Styria. An enjoyable Day none the less, especially the very early Cars. Great to see that they survived .

Styria

The Godfather
Sorry I am a little late in responding. What, a little late ? Best not to go down that road. I decided to get there early as really I did not feel all that crash hot with a rotten cough, sleepless nights and whatever else one could throw at my state of health. I beat C107 by a fair margin, and in due course I was most intrigued by his maroon car and the black one alongside his. He was kind enough to,explain the differences.

One is French built, his was presumably (manufactured) an English version. The detail differences are quite noteworthy, ranging from instruments to direction indicators, plus some quite noticeable exterior body differences. The event itself - yes, they were down on quite a few cars this year. From my own point of view, I was quite disappointed at the lack of support from the Citroen dealership(s) - not a single Ds5 on hand for me to look at. In the end, the coughing fits got the better of me, and I went home and straight to bed.As an aside, believe it or not, I still have not shaken my cold properly - even at this stage. Regards. Styria

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Sorry I am a little late in responding. What, a little late ? Best not to go down that road. I decided to get there early as really I did not feel all that crash hot with a rotten cough, sleepless nights and whatever else one could throw at my state of health. I beat C107 by a fair margin, and in due course I was most intrigued by his maroon car and the black one alongside his. He was kind enough to,explain the differences.

One is French built, his was presumably (manufactured) an English version. The detail differences are quite noteworthy, ranging from instruments to direction indicators, plus some quite noticeable exterior body differences. The event itself - yes, they were down on quite a few cars this year. From my own point of view, I was quite disappointed at the lack of support from the Citroen dealership(s) - not a single Ds5 on hand for me to look at. In the end, the coughing fits got the better of me, and I went home and straight to bed.As an aside, believe it or not, I still have not shaken my cold properly - even at this stage. Regards. Styria

Yes, numbers were down this year, perhaps due to weather.
My traction was built in Slough, Uk and as Styria mentions is quite different to a Paris car. For tax reasons the cars had to be more than 50% local content so while the body panels and motor came from paris in batches of 25, everything else was local and built for local tastes. More chrome, leather interior, wood dash, lucas electrics, local wheels, trim, lights etc. So having the two cars side by side makes for an interesting comparison.