extended Warranties

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I still do not know what the terms of 5/7 year warranty are. Nothing specific on the Net that I can find.
E.g., is it a requirement that a fixed Service contract must be entered to with the Dealer to ensure this cover ??? Or does the Law stipulate that the Warranty must be honored as with the statuary 3 year cover ?
also, is it so that as long as the vehicle is serviced by a licenced Mechanic, then the Warranty must be honored.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Sean here is the KIA 7 year warranty it is capped price servicing for all services till 105000km after that what dealer charges . but under Australian law if workshop is accredited warranty must be honoured. Hyundai 5 year warranty I believe has unlimited capped price servicing . http://www.kia.com/au/service/7-year-warranty.html

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Does not worry me Benzboy as I find the air to be very efficient. But a nice lighter colour would be preferred. Just as I prefer creams and Browns for car interiors.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Remember the 50s, 60,70s and even into the 80s when Holden and Ford gave you an interior choice of at least 3 or 4 colours?
Hyundai gives a choice of black or beige. For more choice you have to go upmarket.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes or to Hyundai's Genesis brand or maybe wait t see what is offered with KIA stinger GT . Which is being drip feed leaks at the moment due last quarter 2017 in Australia sounds very promising 3.3 litre twin turbo V6 rear wheel drive around 50k

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
My 71 Chevrolet Kommando wagon has a blue interior by the way.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thank you Motec for clarifying the Warranty conditions. My Daughter has a Hyundai Wagon with a 5 year warranty.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
You are welcome Sean . As you know I bought a KIA new in 2015.