Eliminating Scratches

More threads by John S

John S

I have just tried out the QUIXX product that is supposed to be one of the few that actually works in getting rid of scratches and scuffs.

Here is the uTube site that discus’s various products and gives Quixx the laurels, see:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2771256876178328858&vt=lf&hl=en

Check for “Which works best?” if the link doesn’t bring the correct video up, as there are a number of products that are shown.

I used Quixx on 2 scratches ar the back and they are now undetectable. Currently I am slowly filling in some stone chips on the front of the bonnet with some touch up paint, and will use the Quixx for the final stage of blending-in.

G

GreaseMonkey

I have found the best way to eliminate scratches on any car is; never take it out of the garage!
Chris

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I don't buff my own cars because the paint condition on my cars is not good enough to bother with, or or every time you buff, you remove a small amount of clear topcoat and thus shorten paint life. The question is "How do you remove scratches?" The best product I have found is PAINT DOCTOR by Repo. It comes in a tube and is in the form of a thick cream. You put a thin line along the length of the scratch and rub with a soft flannel rag along the length of the scratch. Paint Doctor contains a cutting compound and canuba wax. Because I work for a new motor dealer , we are buffing new cars all the time to bring them to pristine, unblemished condition for presentation to the customer. Some new cars in storage are have paint damage caused by bird#### bug#### and industrial fallout, as well as acquiring spiderweb scratching caused by chamoising on the sales lot. In this case buffing with fine buffing compound is essential, in association with a spray on liquid spray polish to help transport the fine cutting compound on the paint surface. Black cars by far, present the most problems in this regard.