E400

More threads by BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I had a play with a very nice car today - strange because much of the current MB range does not tick the right boxes for me. The car was an E400 sedan in Designo Magno Cashmere White (an extra $8400 for the colour? Get real!!!) and a Designo interior in dark red with lime wood trim. I don't know how much extra the interior cost or what the various options would have made the final price - but it was a nice car; really taught and nimble with 245 kW of power so it could pull the skin of a rice pudding.... :D Even when facing into a force 10 gale.
Only a three year warranty though and how long before the Airmatic gives grief? I have seen a group of MB technicians scratching their heads as they tried to repair the Airmatic on a GL and cursing because of the lack of working space to remove the struts...
Fortunately, I am not in the market for a new car. I think for this money I would want a warranty a bit better than 3 years. I have the original warranty certificate for the PII and back in 1933 it had a 3 year unlimited distance warranty - with free car collection and a first class steamer ticket home if anywhere outside the UK.
We may have progressed in some areas but in the area of warranty the Korean take the blue ribbon.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hence why I am pleased with my Kia Cerato purchase as an everyday car. It rides and drives better than I have been lead to believe over the years. I would look a the Genesis if looking at a luxury car. As you would no Hyundai own Kia . Even the new Sonata looks good :eek: And a few years ago who would ever say that about a Korean car. I think my Cerato is attractive in design at the price it is placed in the market at. :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hence why I am pleased with my Kia Cerato purchase as an everyday car. It rides and drives better than I have been lead to believe over the years. I would look a the Genesis if looking at a luxury car. As you would no Hyundai own Kia . Even the new Sonata looks good :eek: And a few years ago who would ever say that about a Korean car. I think my Cerato is attractive in design at the price it is placed in the market at. :eek:

And you have 7 years warranty!!!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And that was the deciding factor. As I reported when they released the 7 year warranty it was a game changer. I didn't have any plans then to even buy a Kia. But when I started ticking boxes for a safe new car to see my girls with. It had to many positives not to be a consideration. The test drive confirmed. The Koreans have at least matched the Japanese. :D

Styria

The Godfather
BenzBoy, was this a new car ? If so, how much ? If new, the one factor to override the now marginal three year warranty would surely have to be the depreciation factor. Mercedes Used Values are diabolical, and much of this needs to be attributed to the high cost of repairs and spare parts. It would probably be nice to have Brother Bill (WGB) come in on this, and I also feel that Helmet would be in excellent position to truly evaluate Mercedes Benz ownership.

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
BenzBoy, was this a new car ? If so, how much ? If new, the one factor to override the now marginal three year warranty would surely have to be the depreciation factor. Mercedes Used Values are diabolical, and much of this needs to be attributed to the high cost of repairs and spare parts. It would probably be nice to have Brother Bill (WGB) come in on this, and I also feel that Helmet would be in excellent position to truly evaluate Mercedes Benz ownership.
One week old. I guess that is new.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes and its only add that states this colour there is another White 2014 model with higher km and 135990k but does not state Diamond white colour

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Sorry see its cashmere but none are listed

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Nothing oh dear about it . it would appear normal price is between 130 to 140k . Buy it in 5 years for 30k :eek: